Question about ERAS LOA....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

W19

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was your medical education/training extended or interrupted? yes [ ] no [ ]

One school official was saying we should answer no to that question if we are graduating in 4 years even if we took 6 wks LOA... Is that correct?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
That sounds appropriate. You just shifted around when you did things for your LOA. Your education was not extended, and your interruption was not long enough to disrupt things (it is equivalent to summer break, step 1 study time, likely vacation during third and fourth years, etc).

Reactions: 1 users
Just to be safe, why not say yes and explain it? No one will care if you do that, but if you say no and they find out they may wonder why you were hiding something.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
if you took an official LOA, then you should answer yes...if it was just breaks between semesters or years (i.e. 2nd year ended on may 1st and 3rd started on July 1st), then the answer would be no.

usually things become an issue if it looks like you are not telling the truth.

Reactions: 1 user
You can ask a few other people in your school, but if they say it's OK (and you are graduating on time) then it's almost certainly fine.

You can ask a few other people in your school, but if they say it's OK (and you are graduating on time) then it's almost certainly fine.
I am graduating on time and the advisor who handles ERAS' related stuff said the answer is no [v]...