QR New type of questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bethegoodone

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took my DAT, and when I saw my scores, I almost screamed. So proud of myself.
Yay:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:. (AA:24, PAT: 25)

Anyways, I wasn't thinking of posting anything in this forum, but that QR section!! Be AWARE people! New type of questions!

In BC and genius, I got around 24-25 in QR, so I wasn't worrying too much.
But I read some threads talking about GRE format showing up so I just watched two videos about it yesterday....... and Today, I got about 6-7 questions that were Quantitative Comparison!(WHATT? not cool) They were all pretty simple, but still!! because I didn't do any questions about it, I had to rethink several times to make sure the answers were correct. So yes, they did take a lot of my time.

Also, I had this weird reasoning questions(?, I don't know what they are called) about 4 of them. I was not aware of this type of questions. So I skipped all of them and tried to redo them later, but sadly I ran out of time and could only do 1. I wish I had reviewed this type of questions because they were not difficult.

You get a very simple question such as 'how many girls are in the group?'
and two information, A and B, corresponding to that question.
Basically you have to see which information is necessary to solve the question. (only A, only B, or both, or neither... something like that)
I hope this makes sense. Since I only saw one question, it might not be the identical wording of it.

Lastly, Graphs! I had about four questions about column graphs. The questions were simple and easy, but I felt like other easy algebraic questions were removed...

Overall difficulty was definitely harder than practice tests.
I had to skip a lot because I was worried that I wont be able to finish in time. I am glad I skipped alot because I did run out of time. Guessed about 3-4 questions.
But, somehow I still made 25 in QR. Thank GOD!:X3:

So, be prepared for this changed format of QR. Familiarize yourself with those GRE comparison/reasoning questions. Skip questions that require long calculations because there is not enough time to finish all.

I am so happy I am done with this.
I hope this thread was helpful for all of you! and Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I just took my DAT, and when I saw my scores, I almost screamed. So proud of myself.

Anyways, I wasn't thinking of posting anything in this forum, but that QR section!! Be AWARE people! New type of questions!

But I read some threads talking about GRE format showing up so I just watched two videos about it yesterday....... and Today, I got about 6-7 questions that were Quantitative Comparison!(WHATT? not cool) They were all pretty simple, but still!! because I didn't do any questions about it, I had to rethink several times to make sure the answers were correct. So yes, they did take a lot of my time.

Also, I had this weird reasoning questions(?, I don't know what they are called) about 4 of them. I was not aware of this type of questions. So I skipped all of them and tried to redo them later, but sadly I ran out of time and could only do 1. I wish I had reviewed this type of questions because they were not difficult.

Basically you have to see which information is necessary to solve the question. (only A, only B, or both, or neither... something like that)
I hope this makes sense. Since I only saw one question, it might not be the identical wording of it.

Lastly, Graphs! I had about four questions about column graphs. The questions were simple and easy, but I felt like other easy algebraic questions were removed...

I had to skip a lot because I was worried that I wont be able to finish in time. I am glad I skipped alot because I did run out of time. Guessed about 3-4 questions.

So, be prepared for this changed format of QR. Familiarize yourself with those GRE comparison/reasoning questions. Skip questions that require long calculations because there is not enough time to finish all.

Amazing scores! Thank you for sharing. My test is in a week and I'm doing my best to prepare for QR. The things I've been reading here are getting me nervous haha.

Reactions: 1 users
You did really well, especially in the QR section. It's nice of you to give people a heads up on what to expect moving forward. I think it's pretty likely right now that the quantitative comparison style questions aren't being counted towards the score and are instead being analyzed for inclusion in future tests (the DAT does this pretty regularly in every section - not every question necessarily counts towards the final score).

Members don't see this ad :)
You did really well, especially in the QR section. It's nice of you to give people a heads up on what to expect moving forward. I think it's pretty likely right now that the quantitative comparison style questions aren't being counted towards the score and are instead being analyzed for inclusion in future tests (the DAT does this pretty regularly in every section - not every question necessarily counts towards the final score).

Yeah. Possible. But I did have many new questions, so maybe ADA is actually considering having those questions? I am not sure. Haha

congrats. well done. Can you please share the linkof youtube videos that you watched before the test?