Pursuing Psychology Masters after MBA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thetobeambitiousdoctor

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am from India. Please find below my profile.

Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communication Devices
MBA in Human Resources

Currently, I am a part of the Talent Acquisition Team of an IT company, wherein I hire developers.

During my MBA, I got particularly interested in organisational Psychology and eventually, I went on to read the works of Freud, Carl Jung, Alfred Adler, Karen Horney, etc. Now, I feel like getting into the field of Psychology by pursuing Masters from a reputed university abroad - probably Canada.

I consulted several agencies and all told me the same thing, that I will not get the Visa easily in case I want to change my field as I already have two very different qualifications (though I hire engineers now and I can do that well because of my technical background).

So, I have two questions:

1. Can you suggest a University that lets you choose more than one sub fields in Psychology and not just one? I believe such universities would be open to take in students like me who do not have any prior background in Psychology.

2. Is it true that it will be difficult to obtain the Visa in case the University gives its acceptance letter? If yes, then in what other way can I venture out into the field of Psychology?

All inputs would be highly appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.