Purdue C/O 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hoping some people get phone calls today! :D

Reactions: 1 users

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
So... a very reliable source told me that the committee met this week and calls should start to go out today or tomorrow. Still not getting my hopes up since I'm IS and a lot of us are waitlisted

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

So... a very reliable source told me that the committee met this week and calls should start to go out today or tomorrow. Still not getting my hopes up since I'm IS and a lot of us are waitlisted

gahh so nerve racking! i too am trying not to get my hopes up since they said 313 people interviewed, and of those, like 240 are OOS. That's a lot of competition for 42 seats. :/

Well they accept more than just 42 OOS. That's why so many IS people are waitlisted at first... it's a buffer in case too many OOS students accept their seat.

Reactions: 1 user
Well they accept more than just 42 OOS. That's why so many IS people are waitlisted at first... it's a buffer in case too many OOS students accept their seat.

Oh really? I thought it was half and half, but I guess that makes sense to do it that way. Sucky for you guys though

Oh really? I thought it was half and half, but I guess that makes sense to do it that way. Sucky for you guys though

It's a complicated thing yes. I'm thinking they're pretty good at estimating that half the OOS students will accept. Then, they fill the rest with IS spots. Sucky yes but such is life. I'm very grateful for having two acceptances so far to great schools. I've grown up with going to Purdue for vet camps and now I'm an undergrad here so I've had the chance to work a lot at the vet school and become attached to students and staff. :) If it's meant to be it's meant to be, and if not, then I wasn't meant to go here. Just have to have faith that I did everything I could to prepare me for this cycle.

Reactions: 3 users
My friend received her call on Feb 14th and I was waitlisted and received my call the morning after the decision deadline for vet school acceptance. Another friend got waitlisted and received her acceptance a week before vet school started. Just letting you the know ranges of phone calls.

ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just got the call. This is the best day of my life. :love::love::biglove::biglove::banana::banana:

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks everyone!!!! Dreams can come true. I know of two of my friends that got calls and both were IS.

I'm also waiting on a call from the vet for my dog who I dropped off so today will be stressful lol.

I'm also waiting on a call from the vet for my dog who I dropped off so today will be stressful lol.
when I was waiting for my call, I got a call from a 765 #, started crying cause I thought I got accepted, and it was my dentist haha

Reactions: 8 users
Yep mine was a 765 number

So I wonder if they're just calling IS today, or do they not normally split the call days between IS and OOS like that?

Reactions: 2 users
I just got the acceptance call! I'm OOS. Super excited

Reactions: 4 users
I currently live in a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment at Village West. My roommate and I would love for another vet student to live with us! Rent will be between $430-$450 a month. That includes internet, cable, trash, AND electric. Preferably a female. The complex also has a pool and are renovating the clubhouse. We also have a bus that takes us to campus for free (though it doesn't go directly to the vet school). We are about a 5-7 minute drive from the vet school. PM me if anyone is interested once you decide you're coming to Purdue!

I currently live in a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment at Village West. My roommate and I would love for another vet student to live with us! Rent will be between $430-$450 a month. That includes internet, cable, trash, AND electric. Preferably a female. The complex also has a pool and are renovating the clubhouse. We also have a bus that takes us to campus for free (though it doesn't go directly to the vet school). We are about a 5-7 minute drive from the vet school. PM me if anyone is interested once you decide you're coming to Purdue!
I still miss Village West. If they had one bedroom units I'd be all over that.

I still miss Village West. If they had one bedroom units I'd be all over that.

They are doing renovations now and the clubhouse looks amazing!! We will soon be moving to a more updated apartment within a few weeks!!

I just got called!!!!! I can't believe it.im literally shaking. (I'm OOS.)

Reactions: 5 users
Do you think they will continue calling into next week? Or is today the last day? :(

Do you think they will continue calling into next week? Or is today the last day? :(
Looks like last year they called over 4-5 days so I bet today isn't the last day. Good luck!

they split it into 2 weeks

@MiamiVet2021 I think they usually start adding people once they've accepted their spot! So hopefully in the next few weeks.

I forgot to post after I got the call, but...ACCEPTED! I got the call from the dean on Friday at 3:00.

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone heard anything since Friday? IS, starting to get nervous!