Purdue C/O 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else going the 20th and to the banquet the night before? Getting nervous, this will be my first interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else going the 20th and to the banquet the night before? Getting nervous, this will be my first interview.
My interview is on the 20th too. Super nervous. Isn't the banquet on the same day?

Reactions: 2 users
Mine is on the 20th as well! I can't wait. Yes, I also thought the banquet was on the same day as the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview is on the 20th too. Super nervous. Isn't the banquet on the same day?
Oops I think you all are right. I do not know why I had it written down as the night before. Oh well guess I'll be enjoying the area for a full extra day! Haha

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how many students Purdue accepts out of the applicant pool. I understand its 50/50, IS/OOS, but does anyone know of a number value?

Good luck Friday! If you need anything don't be afraid to approach us first-years and ask!

Any last minute tips?! @<3Ivy<3 I can't believe it's in 2 days!!!!!

Any last minute tips?! @<3Ivy<3 I can't believe it's in 2 days!!!!!

Don't do what I did and waste precious sleep going over the interview in my head because it didn't end up anywhere near what I thought it would be like. Its good to be prepared but don't overthink it.

Don't assume everyone knows everything in your application. Not everyone reads every part or even any of it.

Hope for an early interview spot lol. Mine was at 4 pm and the wait bout killed me!

Dont't sweat it if it doesn't go well. I thought mine went horrible and I still got in. Also its not the end of the world if you don't get in either. Some of the best professors at Purdue got into vet school after their 2nd or 3rd time. Just keep trying your best!

Just arrived in town today. Boy is it cold, but the campus is beautiful.

good luck to everyone interviewing friday!! I'm interviewing next week so I would love to hear how your day goes. I'm sure you'll all ace it

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
That's what I've heard, which scares me lol. I'm from FL. Our winter lasted 2 days and it was 40 degrees as a low.

If you come here I'm sure you'll learn to adjust! We have students from as far south as Puerto Rico and they do great in the winter. You just have to check the weather before class (because things change quickly here) and remember: layers, layers, layers.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I was just looking at the itinerary more in detail and noticed the interest tables for the AM and PM session are different. Are we supposed to go in the morning even if we are interviewing in the afternoon? Or only if we have interest in a specific interest table? Sorry for all my questions.

I was just looking at the itinerary more in detail and noticed the interest tables for the AM and PM session are different. Are we supposed to go in the morning even if we are interviewing in the afternoon? Or only if we have interest in a specific interest table? Sorry for all my questions.
If there's an interest in the morning you want to go to, get there early. Otherwise just show up for your AM or PM session.

That's what I've heard, which scares me lol. I'm from FL. Our winter lasted 2 days and it was 40 degrees as a low.

If it makes you feel better, I was born and raised in Central Fl and then attended Purdue for my undergrad and LOVED it. The change of seasons and all is really neat and something that does not occur in Fl. The snow is not too much of an issue as a student as Purdue does an awesome job of clearing the sidewalks and if you live in an apartment or where the snow is taken care of by management then you don't really have to do much. (Ie if you rent a house note who is responsible for snow removal) Also West Lafayette has an extensive bus service that is free for students. I lived off campus and used it the entire time to commute to campus even though I had a car. Definitely came in handy when there was more snow than I felt comfortable driving in.

Good luck with your interview tomorrow!

You shouldn't be sorry about asking questions! :) None of the sessions are required and no one will know how many you went to or if you went to any at all. They're purely for your benefit so go to the ones that interest you

Hey guys! I'm interviewing in the afternoon tomorrow and I'm nervous that my interview time is going to be exactly on the afternoon vet facilities tour time- I know it's unlikely but I do not want to miss the tour!! Is anyone else that's interviewing in the afternoon planning on going to the tour in the morning??

If it makes you feel better, I was born and raised in Central Fl and then attended Purdue for my undergrad and LOVED it. The change of seasons and all is really neat and something that does not occur in Fl. The snow is not too much of an issue as a student as Purdue does an awesome job of clearing the sidewalks and if you live in an apartment or where the snow is taken care of by management then you don't really have to do much. (Ie if you rent a house note who is responsible for snow removal) Also West Lafayette has an extensive bus service that is free for students. I lived off campus and used it the entire time to commute to campus even though I had a car. Definitely came in handy when there was more snow than I felt comfortable driving in.

Good luck with your interview tomorrow!
That's good to hear! It's such a minimal issue I'm sure I'll get used to it. Thank you.

Hey guys! I'm interviewing in the afternoon tomorrow and I'm nervous that my interview time is going to be exactly on the afternoon vet facilities tour time- I know it's unlikely but I do not want to miss the tour!! Is anyone else that's interviewing in the afternoon planning on going to the tour in the morning??

I was wondering the same thing but I'm hoping they planned it so we would not miss it.

Good luck today guys! We're all really excited to meet you so PLEASE feel free to stop students to ask questions, especially about why we love Purdue! :)

Great interview day overall!! I think the interview went ok (I keep redoing the answers in my head). One was definitely more serious than the other. She didn't show any real emotion. The other was more friendly and said good after some of my answers (so maybe that's a good sign)? Good luck to all interviewing. Purdue is an amazing school!!!

Reactions: 5 users
I had two really nice interviewers, which was very refreshing after my very intimidating and serious Missouri interview! I loved Purdue and I thought I did pretty well on the interview.

Reactions: 3 users
how long was your interview? and how many interviewers?

Great interview day overall!! I think the interview went ok (I keep redoing the answers in my head). One was definitely more serious than the other. She didn't show any real emotion. The other was more friendly and said good after some of my answers (so maybe that's a good sign)? Good luck to all interviewing. Purdue is an amazing school!!!

(I've been stalking this thread since I got rejected, waiting to hear this! I'm glad it went well!!!!)

@cdoconn I hope it went well... I'm having a very hard time going to sleep. I didn't have this problem with my other interviews, but this one I keep rethinking the entire thing over and over.

@cdoconn I hope it went well... I'm having a very hard time going to sleep. I didn't have this problem with my other interviews, but this one I keep rethinking the entire thing over and over.

I'm doing the same thing with WSU, so know you're not alone :p

I had 2 interviewers as well and mine lasted probably 25 minutes. I still for some reason feel horrible about it today (but have been told from current students that they didn't feel good after theirs either). Definitely wasn't conversational, more rapid fire almost repeating questions it felt like at some points. For some reason it was my hardest interview to me. My other two I just felt the schools wanted me as much as I wanted them. Maybe it's an OOS vs IS thing? Anyways good luck to everyone else again. I'm sure you will be fine. The banquet food was great too :)

I had 2 interviewers as well and mine lasted probably 25 minutes. I still for some reason feel horrible about it today (but have been told from current students that they didn't feel good after theirs either). Definitely wasn't conversational, more rapid fire almost repeating questions it felt like at some points. For some reason it was my hardest interview to me. My other two I just felt the schools wanted me as much as I wanted them. Maybe it's an OOS vs IS thing? Anyways good luck to everyone else again. I'm sure you will be fine. The banquet food was great too :)

Did they say to you "I'm going to list a series of scenarios..." to you too?

@Rw8 I mean if it was a scenario question I believe I had one and he said now this is a scenario that I don't think you've been experienced to before.. or something like that. I'm probably just way over thinking it but it definitely wasn't a happy feel good afterwards like my others.

@Rw8 I mean if it was a scenario question I believe I had one and he said now this is a scenario that I don't think you've been experienced to before.. or something like that. I'm probably just way over thinking it but it definitely wasn't a happy feel good afterwards like my others.

Try not to overthink it! We will find out mid February and hope for good news!

hearing everyone's feedback i'm super nervous now for my interview Friday... :poke:

I have a question for current students! For determining on who is accepted, is it based off a point system? As in you get points for GPA and GRE and that is added to the interview and experience points? Does anyone know how much things are worth? All I know is that grades are 55% and non-cognitive is 45%

I have a question for current students! For determining on who is accepted, is it based off a point system? As in you get points for GPA and GRE and that is added to the interview and experience points? Does anyone know how much things are worth? All I know is that grades are 55% and non-cognitive is 45%

https://vet.purdue.edu/dvm/evaluation-criteria.php <- that's about as much as anyone knows as at as how much weight is given to admittance criteria. I'm sorry that it's not more detailed! And also I know PLENTY of my current classmates who think their interview went poorly when in actuality it did not. The hard part is over so just try to kick back and relax for the next few months :)

Good luck to those that have interviews this Friday. The campus is beautiful, the college is impressive, and everyone is so nice! I'm not sure how I did on the interview but it was not too stressful

Interviewing tomorrow! Driving from IL, almost forgot they are on Eastern time

Good luck to everyone that has interviews today! I really enjoyed my interview day and they give you a ton of information. I walked away with all of my question answered and feeling like I really knew what life at Purdue would be like.

Soooo is anyone staying on campus tonight and wanna check out the bars after the banquet?

So... after the banquet on the first interview Friday, my friends were getting their pics taken and one said that Dean Reed made the comment that the committee would be meeting Feb 1st. Do any current students know if this is true? I know last year people started getting calls a few days after the committee meeting, but it seems like it is still way too early for calls to be going out late this week.

So... after the banquet on the first interview Friday, my friends were getting their pics taken and one said that Dean Reed made the comment that the committee would be meeting Feb 1st. Do any current students know if this is true? I know last year people started getting calls a few days after the committee meeting, but it seems like it is still way too early for calls to be going out late this week.
I'm not a current student but I did have my interview on Friday. Dean Reed said at one of the info sessions on Friday that the committee would meet after all the interviews took place but we won't know if we got accepted until at the earliest mid- February or at the latest early March.

I sure hope it's before March! I know the last two years it's been around Valentine's day

I'm not a current student but I did have my interview on Friday. Dean Reed said at one of the info sessions on Friday that the committee would meet after all the interviews took place but we won't know if we got accepted until at the earliest mid- February or at the latest early March.
March will be a struggle

So it looks like in Purdue threads from the previous 2 years people stared getting called on 11Feb. I assume that wouldn't happen for us since that's a Saturday this year right? I know nobody knows for sure, but I'm just impatient and I want to hear what other people think. :) I really am trying to keep busy and not dwell on it, but time is going by soooo slowly.

A friend of mine that is a freshman at Purdue told me that she heard about her admissions decision exactly 3 weeks from the first interview day on a Friday. So, I am hoping that we will start hearing by the end of next week.

I've been looking at the past 2 or 3 years and calls on SDN started on the second Wednesday after the last interview!

I've been looking at the past 2 or 3 years and calls on SDN started on the second Wednesday after the last interview!

Oh yeah. I was just focused on the date but now I see that the past three years was on the 2nd Wednesday. Well now that's what I'm hoping for this year too.

Hoping we hear something this week!