Pumping at a prometric test center

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hi all, does anyone have suggestions for pumping at a test center? I have an accommodation for extra break time, but today I called the center and was told the lockers are too small to hold a breast pump, there is no where else to put my breast pump, there is no where to put a cooler(for milk), there are no outlets in the waiting area, but I can go pump in the open center area of the mall the testing center is attached to because there are some outlets there.

If this wasn't a big important test that I need to mentally focus on, I would bring a battery pack and sit down in the middle of the floor of their waiting room! I live in New York state so women's nipples are no longer considered indecent exposure here but women still occasionally get arrested for being topless. So I want to avoid that at all costs. What have other women done?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

I assume this is for step 3 since it says you're a resident? I'd recommend buying a cheap hand held pump to use in the bathroom and just dumping the milk. The hand held pumps are small and if you're tossing the milk you don't need a cooler.

It's a really frustrating situation to be in and I feel your pain.

Good luck

No it is for boards, I finished residency in June and haven't updated my status. It is really frustrating as I had to call to schedule at one of the testing centers that is pumping friendly and this is what they consider pumping friendly.

In case anyone searches this in the future, I pumped in my car using my electric pump on the way there, halfway through and on my way home. I found another nursing mother who used a manual pump in the waiting room twice during the test and put the milk in her lunch bag. The lockers were bigger than described and will fit a pisa pump but not much else -ie not a whole pumping bag.

Reactions: 1 user