This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dj2PT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good morning everyone so this is my situation. I want to apply for the fee waiver for this coming cycle as soon as the applications open next week. If approved you have basically two weeks to e-submit. The thing is I'm also taking physics 2 which ends on Aug 3rd. I don't want to e-submit without that grade. I understand I can do academic update but it's all the way in Dec usually after schools have looked at my application.
My questions are would you apply for the fee waiver as soon as the application opens? If so does anyone know how long it takes ptcas to process those request? Or would you wait til mid July to apply so if granted the fee waiver it would come just in time when the class ends? Keep in mind the fee waivers are limited and are in first come, first serve basis.

Members don't see this ad.

Since there are a limited amount, I would apply for the fee waiver. Is that one grade really going to make a huge difference in your application? Once you finish the course, I would go ahead and send the schools an updated transcript with that class on it so they know it's been completed.

Reactions: 1 user
Since there are a limited amount, I would apply for the fee waiver. Is that one grade really going to make a huge difference in your application? Once you finish the course, I would go ahead and send the schools an updated transcript with that class on it so they know it's been completed.
You have a point in guess I just didn't want to leave anything to chance which is why I was considering waiting til the class is done

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in the same situation, my classes (Physics 2 and Chem 2) don't conclude until August 17, 2017. Additionally, I am going to take Bio 1 and General Psychology this fall, and then Bio 2 in Jan. I want to start applying early because some of the schools don't require BIO 1 or 2, but from what I have been reading there is only 1 academic update allowed. The hard thing is I am separating from the military this March so I can pursue physical therapy. Any suggestions? I really don't want to miss out on this cycle.

I am in the same situation, my classes (Physics 2 and Chem 2) don't conclude until August 17, 2017. Additionally, I am going to take Bio 1 and General Psychology this fall, and then Bio 2 in Jan. I want to start applying early because some of the schools don't require BIO 1 or 2, but from what I have been reading there is only 1 academic update allowed. The hard thing is I am separating from the military this March so I can pursue physical therapy. Any suggestions? I really don't want to miss out on this cycle.
Well I'd you apply after August 17 you'd only have 3 pre reqs in progress. Then take into consideration the academic update in December that'll cut it down to 1 pre req in progress. But before applying check the PTCAS directory of schools and look up your schools policy on outstanding pre reqs

Well I'd you apply after August 17 you'd only have 3 pre reqs in progress. Then take into consideration the academic update in December that'll cut it down to 1 pre req in progress. But before applying check the PTCAS directory of schools and look up your schools policy on outstanding pre reqs
Yeah that was what I was thinking, but it is kind of weird they only allow 1 academic update for the year. What happens when I complete BIO 2 in the spring? Also, how do schools look at the transcripts when they see BIO 1 and BIO 2 missing, even though I will be in progress with one of them?

Thanks again for the input DjPT.

Yeah that was what I was thinking, but it is kind of weird they only allow 1 academic update for the year. What happens when I complete BIO 2 in the spring? Also, how do schools look at the transcripts when they see BIO 1 and BIO 2 missing, even though I will be in progress with one of them?

Thanks again for the input DjPT.

When you complete that spring prereq, the school(s) your admitted to will have you send the transcript showing degree completion/pre req completion right to them-- it no longer is a PTCAS issue. Short of you failing, at that point they're just making sure you meet the requirements for matriculation.

When you complete that spring prereq, the school(s) your admitted to will have you send the transcript showing degree completion/pre req completion right to them-- it no longer is a PTCAS issue. Short of you failing, at that point they're just making sure you meet the requirements for matriculation.
Thanks low5059 for the information.

Good morning everyone so this is my situation. I want to apply for the fee waiver for this coming cycle as soon as the applications open next week. If approved you have basically two weeks to e-submit. The thing is I'm also taking physics 2 which ends on Aug 3rd. I don't want to e-submit without that grade. I understand I can do academic update but it's all the way in Dec usually after schools have looked at my application.
My questions are would you apply for the fee waiver as soon as the application opens? If so does anyone know how long it takes ptcas to process those request? Or would you wait til mid July to apply so if granted the fee waiver it would come just in time when the class ends? Keep in mind the fee waivers are limited and are in first come, first serve basis.

I received a fee waiver last cycle. I believe I submitted the paperwork one or two weeks into July and was notified that they were offering me the waiver right at the end of July. You have 14 business days to esubmit, which is actually closer to three weeks rather than two (5 business days/week!)
YMMV, but it's probably safe to wait a week or two before sending them the fee waiver paperwork.

I received a fee waiver last cycle. I believe I submitted the paperwork one or two weeks into July and was notified that they were offering me the waiver right at the end of July. You have 14 business days to esubmit, which is actually closer to three weeks rather than two (5 business days/week!)
YMMV, but it's probably safe to wait a week or two before sending them the fee waiver paperwork.
Thank you so much was waiting to hear from someone who has recieved one.