PTCAS Essay prompt 2017~2018?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Upupthere

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it going to be the same as 2016-2017 cycle?

What is professionalism in the context of being a student in a doctor of physical therapist degree program?

If anyone have idea please let me know. I want to know what i can do to prepare early for the essay part. Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

What is professionalism in the context of being a student in a doctor of physical therapist degree program?

If anyone have idea please let me know. I want to know what i can do to prepare early for the essay part. Thank you!!
There is a new essay prompt every cycle

From the PTCAS Twitter feed:

PTCAS‏ @PTCAS Apr 27
The 2017-18 PTCAS essay question will remain, "What is professionalism in the context of being a student in a [DPT] degree program?"

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
From the PTCAS Twitter feed:

PTCAS‏ @PTCAS Apr 27
The 2017-18 PTCAS essay question will remain, "What is professionalism in the context of being a student in a [DPT] degree program?"

Good luck!
Oops! I assumed that since 2015-16 was different that they changed every year. You know what happens when you assume -_-

If you ever need anyone to look over your essay I'm always willing to help.

Oops! I assumed that since 2015-16 was different that they changed every year. You know what happens when you assume -_-

If you ever need anyone to look over your essay I'm always willing to help.
Thank yoy for the offer! I will definitely need as much help as I can. Haha

I liked that essay prompt, I was able to weave alot of personal experiences into the essay this past cycle when applying. Let me know if you need help.

Reactions: 2 users
I liked that essay prompt, I was able to weave alot of personal experiences into the essay this past cycle when applying. Let me know if you need help.
Ok. Appreciate the offer!

Gotta be honest here and say that I am totally not a huge fan of the essay prompt.
I do appreciate that it isnt the canned question of "Why do you want to be a PT" (though that does exist as a few school specific questions this cycle it appears)....
But its still a bit ambiguous and odd of a question when talking in terms of life experiences with a relatively short character limit.

Gotta be honest here and say that I am totally not a huge fan of the essay prompt.
I do appreciate that it isnt the canned question of "Why do you want to be a PT" (though that does exist as a few school specific questions this cycle it appears)....
But its still a bit ambiguous and odd of a question when talking in terms of life experiences with a relatively short character limit.

I agree and it was not my favorite about when writing it. What I did (and I was accepted to a number of schools so I guess I was on the right track), was come up with a unique perspective on something that was a part of my life for a long time, and tied it together with APTA qualities for professionalism (found on their site) and anecdotes of scenarios that correlated to give them a more personal glimpse. What I didn't do was just say this is what makes a professional PT a student and then give examples of why I was one. Certainly just one approach, but I felt good about my finished essay and got into a number of good programs.

Reactions: 3 users
I agree and it was not my favorite about when writing it. What I did (and I was accepted to a number of schools so I guess I was on the right track), was come up with a unique perspective on something that was a part of my life for a long time, and tied it together with APTA qualities for professionalism (found on their site) and anecdotes of scenarios that correlated to give them a more personal glimpse. What I didn't do was just say this is what makes a professional PT a student and then give examples of why I was one. Certainly just one approach, but I felt good about my finished essay and got into a number of good programs.
Thats super helpful! thanks

Reactions: 1 user