PTA bridge to PT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tiana8

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So this is my second go around applying to PT school... would it be a bad decision to go to PTA school if I don't get in this year and later on do a bridge program to be a PT? I'm really discouraged about getting in. I'm currently retaking physics 2 and it isn't looking too good but I also retook bio and received an A. I still have a C in Chem 1 lab and chem 2.. I only got one interview last go around.

Members don't see this ad.

What are your overall stats? cGPA? pGPA? GRE? EC? etc.

Don't give up, don't settle. I'm currently a 1st year DPT student and got in on my 2nd attempt. I was also in your shoes and felt like trying a different approach or giving up all together but I had a strong support system that didn't let me. I took the year to try to strengthen my application, worked as PT tech for a year gathered more hours in a variety of other settings and retook my gre.
Also if you are stressed about your gpa look at schools that have a lower gpa acceptance rate PTCAS should have something like that, and try to branch out, apply to as many schools you can afford to, and getting your PTCAS application in early DOES MATTER so the sooner the better don't wait until school deadlines
And this video should help you out as well

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't give up, don't settle. I'm currently a 1st year DPT student and got in on my 2nd attempt. I was also in your shoes and felt like trying a different approach or giving up all together but I had a strong support system that didn't let me. I took the year to try to strengthen my application, worked as PT tech for a year gathered more hours in a variety of other settings and retook my gre.
Also if you are stressed about your gpa look at schools that have a lower gpa acceptance rate PTCAS should have something like that, and try to branch out, apply to as many schools you can afford to, and getting your PTCAS application in early DOES MATTER so the sooner the better don't wait until school deadlines
And this video should help you out as well

Thank you so much for your reply! This helps so much! Where are you currently attending?

From Texas but attending Governors state in IL, I applied everywhere and got into 3 different schools my second time around, but they were the first to accept me so I decided to go here. strengthen your chances by applying everywhere, bc once you are in your previous gpa does not matter only what you do from that point forward, and after you graduate and pass your license exam the school you attended does not hold much weight either so don't be picky with school choices that's what I learned from my first time applying and from talking to already established PTs

Reactions: 1 user
From Texas but attending Governors state in IL, I applied everywhere and got into 3 different schools my second time around, but they were the first to accept me so I decided to go here. strengthen your chances by applying everywhere, bc once you are in your previous gpa does not matter only what you do from that point forward, and after you graduate and pass your license exam the school you attended does not hold much weight either so don't be picky with school choices that's what I learned from my first time applying and from talking to already established PTs

Thank you so much for the feedback! How many schools did you actually apply for?

Thank you so much for the feedback! How many schools did you actually apply for?

Around 8-10 schools I don't remember the exact number, because I would start some applications and not finish them. My first time applying only included around 4 or 5 schools and where all in Texas, second time I only chose two in-state schools and decided to branch out of state