PT Not Verifying Hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ember1211

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have had all of my observation hours verified, except one. This particular PT is "accepting" the hours, but is not completing the verification. I have re-sent the verification request three times now and have emailed her multiple times about completing the verification, but she still has not done it. I tried contacting one of the other PTs at the same facility (I only observed him for a few hours) to see if he would verify them all, but he did not feel comfortable verifying the hours that I spent observing the other PT. I have also contacted the volunteer office to see if they have any documentation from the hours that I did, but no such luck. I did these hours over two years ago and the volunteer office doesn't keep records that long, apparently.

I'm just not even sure what to do at this point. I've tried explaining to her that she is not fully verifying my hours.... The issue is that I am not really sure what they see on their end, so it's hard for me to give directions on what to do.

Anyone else have this same issue? Any advice/help would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I have had all of my observation hours verified, except one. This particular PT is "accepting" the hours, but is not completing the verification. I have re-sent the verification request three times now and have emailed her multiple times about completing the verification, but she still has not done it. I tried contacting one of the other PTs at the same facility (I only observed him for a few hours) to see if he would verify them all, but he did not feel comfortable verifying the hours that I spent observing the other PT. I have also contacted the volunteer office to see if they have any documentation from the hours that I did, but no such luck. I did these hours over two years ago and the volunteer office doesn't keep records that long, apparently.

I'm just not even sure what to do at this point. I've tried explaining to her that she is not fully verifying my hours.... The issue is that I am not really sure what they see on their end, so it's hard for me to give directions on what to do.

Anyone else have this same issue? Any advice/help would be appreciated.
I would not bother having them verify your hours unless it is significant amount. It is strange why they wouldn't verify. Do they remember you?

Also, some programs do not accept the hours that had been done more than 2 years ago. So I would check with the program you are applying to.

I'm the applicant as you are, so I'm not sure if I am in the position to give you an advice. But if I were you, I would start observing a new PT. Matter of the fact, it's not late to start a new. How many hours are you planning on getting done? You can also mark it as planned on your application.

My PT also went through the same thing. I thought they "verified" my hours, but they only "accepted" them. I guess this was during the whole glitch problem PTCAS had a few weeks ago when the application just launched. I just called my PT directly on the phone and just asked them what they saw and told them what to click from what they saw.

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you resend the request? I don't see options except to delete the request..

How do you resend the request? I don't see options except to delete the request..
Click the "edit" button (looks like a pencil) and at the bottom of the page I'm pretty sure that's how you resend it

My PT also went through the same thing. I thought they "verified" my hours, but they only "accepted" them. I guess this was during the whole glitch problem PTCAS had a few weeks ago when the application just launched. I just called my PT directly on the phone and just asked them what they saw and told them what to click from what they saw.

I finally got it resolved. The other PT that I contacted reached out to her and I guess she was not hitting the "submit" button. She said that the formatting is different for verifying hours this year since PTCAS switched to a new platform.

I couldn't figure out how to resend it, so I just created a new one and deleted the old one.