psych question (AAMC flashcard #15)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

salemstein

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So will performing a difficult task in front of an audience lead to social loafing? How about performing an easy task?

(Randomly remembered) Is young's modulus/ stress on a solid covered on the new MCAT?
(random #2) Whose theory was it when animals tend to do something more often if rewarded (the person's name)

Members don't see this ad.

Social facilitation occurs when someone does better on an easy / manageable task in front of others. If the task is too tough, stress might decrease performance.

This is a separate concept from social loafing. Social loafing is when someone in a group slacks off because they expect that the rest of the group will cover the workload. Just think about why group projects are no fun, unless with friends or people you like to work with.

Young's modulus isn't on the topics list, but I saw a TPR passage on it (which isn't saying much).

Not sure about the last theory question!

Young's modulus isn't on the topics list, but I saw a TPR passage on it (which isn't saying much).

TPR most likely did not update their stuff. I have gotten pendulums, momentum and other loads of physics from them that are not going to be covered on the new MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)

Hmmm I see where you're coming from but Pavlov was known for dogs that have a innate and learned reaction to a stimulus. For example, Pavlov would ring a bell, then bring out meat for the dogs. When the dogs saw the meat, they started salivating. Before long, the bell would cause the dogs to salivate even without the meat.