Prosthodontics Residency 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aspirant87

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello friends ! I would start this thread to share thoughts/advice and what programs everyone hears from as we start the 2018 Prosthodontics Residency application cycle! Best of luck to everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
When should applicants start expecting responses from non-Match programs?

P.S. Come on guys! Why is the pros thread the only dead one!

I think they send out invites from july..

Members don't see this ad :)
Match programs that had previously had earlier interviews in past years probably won't feel the need to interview as early because programs participating in match will now all be on the same timeline.
Last year my program held interviews the first couple of weeks of August and this year it seems like they will be the last week of August and in September.

Match programs that had previously had earlier interviews in past years probably won't feel the need to interview as early because programs participating in match will now all be on the same timeline.
Last year my program held interviews the first couple of weeks of August and this year it seems like they will be the last week of August and in September.
Thanks for the info..Is ADAT mandatory to apply to UTHSCSA?

It was not when I applied (my application cycle was a the first year of the ADAT and non-match so the results would not be available in time) but I am not sure if it is mandatory or not right now. I would either call or send an email to the contact given on the website. I had to do a lot of that when I was applying to verify the information I had.

Reactions: 1 users
Not all programs are participating in Match though. I think the non-Match residency programs will still send out invites starting from late July.

USC was non-match and seems to continue to be non-match. They do a rolling interview season/acceptance. They have a late deadline for applications but because they have rolling interviews, they will start interviewing as soon as they see a candidate that they consider promising.

Reactions: 1 user
I think very I'm the only one who applied to pros programs this time..lol..

Members don't see this ad :)
Where did you apply? You done with supplemental applications?
I am applying to programs all over the US: east coast, west coast, Midwest, and Texas. I'm still working on applications. Hbu?

I am applying to programs all over the US: east coast, west coast, Midwest, and Texas. I'm still working on applications. Hbu?
I applied to total 11 programs..mostly midwest, southern and 1 west coast..

Hi guys best of luck for everyone
I will start applying this week
Do u think i have a chance for being an international dentist and apply to the programs that don't require NBDE part 1?
Have u heard anybody accepted before ?

Why is this group not active
Come on guys

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys best of luck for everyone
I will start applying this week
Do u think i have a chance for being an international dentist and apply to the programs that don't require NBDE part 1?
Have u heard anybody accepted before ?
Check for NBDE requirement of schools. I'm also an international dentist. Many international dentists get accepted into prosthodontic programs.

good luck, pros hopefuls!

Can anyone tell when do the schools start sending invites? Like the earliest IV invites?

Hello..Did anyone hear from UConn? Last year they had sent invites on 15th july.

Nothing yet! Still waiting to hear back from schools.

To answer questions about programs not needing NBDE1 for internationals, it's getting less and less every year. I think many programs will use ADAT instead of NBDE to assess applicants but almost none are making it mandatory. My best advice is to contact programs directly to get their requirements.

I am in the process of my application and should be able to apply by next week. i guess its too late but im still trying. im planning to apply to match programs. is that a good idea?

I am in the process of my application and should be able to apply by next week. i guess its too late but im still trying. im planning to apply to match programs. is that a good idea?
I'd say that is your best option. Match programs all follow the same deadline, and that isn't till August. They should review your application without a problem!

Nothing yet. I don't think we'll be hearing back before August.
Yes..I called UConn and Louiseville.They said they haven't started yet..They'll start probably mid-august.

Yes..I called UConn and Louiseville.They said they haven't started yet..They'll start probably mid-august.
You mean they'll start reviewing applications in August and then send interview invites shortly after?

UIC is reviewing the applications.They will notify soon regarding IV invites..

University of Iowa sent out rejections about an hour ago!

I have a question. I applied to UIC through the direct application over a month ago (I mailed the documents to the director), and haven't sent a PASS application. However, I haven't heard back from the program, and haven't been able to get in touch with anyone from the Restorative Dentistry department through e-mail or phone. The mail tracking system shows that the documents have been received.

Do you guys think this should be enough?

I have a question. I applied to UIC through the direct application over a month ago (I mailed the documents to the director), and haven't sent a PASS application. However, I haven't heard back from the program, and haven't been able to get in touch with anyone from the Restorative Dentistry department through e-mail or phone. The mail tracking system shows that the documents have been received.

Do you guys think this should be enough?
Even I didn't receive any email. When I called them, co-ordinator said,if your application would be incomplete,we would have emailed you, means my application is complete.

Anyone applied to UNC ? Any updates?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Does anyone have information regarding the bench test exercises the following universities ask if called for an interview:
UAB
UConn
MICHIGAN
MINNESOTA
UCSF
INDIANA
MARQUETTE

Michigan usually they wait till September to send there acceptance usually they don't interview.
i think we will know about the most of the schoos by August 15th since most of the deadlines by that time

Michigan usually they wait till September to send there acceptance usually they don't interview.
i think we will know about the most of the schoos by August 15th since most of the deadlines by that time
Are you sure they don't interview? Because, they have mentioned on their website regarding interview invites.