This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations to all those who got acceptance into residency..Can you guys share your profile so that it would help us for next year application cycle..Thanks..!!!

What would you like to know?

Applied to 8 programs
Interview offers at 8 programs
Interviewed at 3 programs
Accepted at 3 programs (I had a deadline to make a decision and cancelled the rest of my interviews)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What would you like to know?

GPA: 3.74
Applied to 8 programs
Interview offers at 8 programs
Interviewed at 3 programs
Accepted at 3 programs (I had a deadline to make a decision and cancelled the rest of my interviews)
Hearty Congratulations for acceptance..
The overall profile means-
Resident/foreign trained
GPA
NBDE 1/2
TOEFL score
Masters/mph
Clinical exp
Teaching exp
Research exp
Volunteering
Publications

Hearty Congratulations for acceptance..
The overall profile means-
Resident/foreign trained
GPA
NBDE 1/2
TOEFL score
Masters/mph
Clinical exp
Teaching exp
Research exp
Volunteering
Publications

I am a dental student right now so clinical experience is limited to the school. I do have tutoring experience, research, and volunteering. But nothing crazy or out of this world. I have a lot of leadership experience too in dental school (I held officer positions in multiple clubs).

I think what set me apart as far as my application was my genuine interest in the program. I spent time in Grad Pros at my school and got to know the program. It allowed me to know what I liked or didn't about the program at my school and gave me a good idea of what to look for when looking at other programs. As one of my friends put it, it allowed me to be an "informed consumer". Spending time there also allowed my passion and interest in the profession grow, which I think showed in my interviews. I also visited two of the pros programs I applied to ahead of time (one in March and one in May before the application cycle).

As long as you have a good application (top quarter of your class, Pass NBDE, Extracurriculars that show interest in pros), I think you should get interviews. Once you are at the interview I think that directors want a genuine interest in Pros. Pros residency can be grueling so you really need to have a passion and love for what you do in order to get through it.

That is my experience as a US citizen/resident.

Being a foreign trained applicant is a little different. I cannot speak for my other 2 interviews (I was the only one interviewing at 2 of my interviews), but at UTHSCSA I noticed that many (maybe all?) of the foreign trained applicants that interviewed this year had AEGD/GPR experience in the US. One of my future co-residents that is foreign trained is doing her second year of AEGD.

I hope this helped. If you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am a dental student right now so clinical experience is limited to the school. I do have tutoring experience, research, and volunteering. But nothing crazy or out of this world. I have a lot of leadership experience too in dental school (I held officer positions in multiple clubs).

I think what set me apart as far as my application was my genuine interest in the program. I spent time in Grad Pros at my school and got to know the program. It allowed me to know what I liked or didn't about the program at my school and gave me a good idea of what to look for when looking at other programs. As one of my friends put it, it allowed me to be an "informed consumer". Spending time there also allowed my passion and interest in the profession grow, which I think showed in my interviews. I also visited two of the pros programs I applied to ahead of time (one in March and one in May before the application cycle).

As long as you have a good application (top quarter of your class, Pass NBDE, Extracurriculars that show interest in pros), I think you should get interviews. Once you are at the interview I think that directors want a genuine interest in Pros. Pros residency can be grueling so you really need to have a passion and love for what you do in order to get through it.

That is my experience as a US citizen/resident.

Being a foreign trained applicant is a little different. I cannot speak for my other 2 interviews (I was the only one interviewing at 2 of my interviews), but at UTHSCSA I noticed that many (maybe all?) of the foreign trained applicants that interviewed this year had AEGD/GPR experience in the US. One of my future co-residents that is foreign trained is doing her second year of AEGD.

I hope this helped. If you have any questions let me know.
Thanks a lot for sharing your exp and info..:)

Anyone got acceptance from NYU pros program? please, com forward...I am trying to find my colleagues...lol

Hey guys! I am a current fourth year dental student. I accepted a position a couple of months ago. I applied to quite a few programs. I attend a dental school where we only have two post-grad specialty programs (GPR and OS) and just about all of the dental student faculty are general dentists. We have one Prosthodontist at my school and other than that I do not know any Prosthodontists. My reason for applying to more than a few programs was to visit and learn about the different types of programs. Every program at which I did externships or applied (or both) taught me something new and really showed me that every post grad Prosth program is different. And because of that, I really tried to go on as many interviews as I could afford lol..it was expensive. Through visiting and interviewing (and talking to the residents and even the other interviewees), I learned what I did want in a Pros residency program.

I was invited on nine interviews and went on eight of them before accepting a position. I believe that my personal statement is what really attracted programs to my application. Also, I had done a few Pros externships and shadowed a Prosthodontist near my school. My reason for wanting to become a Prosthodontist has so many components. I honestly feel as though I was born for this. I believe the program directors really want to see how driven and determined you are. They want to know that you have a real hunger for Prosthodontics and that once things start to get tough, you'll work through it and not give up. One thing I loved was talking to, listening to, and watching the residents work. I wanted to know how they felt about their program. A program with happy residents speaks volumes in my opinion.

This was a definitely a process like none I have ever been through. Congratulations to all those who have accepted positions and good luck to those still waiting or making plans to apply in the future. I wish you all the best! I highly recommend mock interviews. I am not the best interviewer and I just feel like preparation is key. Also, keep in mind that you are also interviewing the programs at the same time they are interviewing you. You want to be the best you can be in three short years so you want to go somewhere where you will be able to learn and soak up as much as you can. Apply early. I believe being in the top 1/3 of your class is a given, but some programs seemed to care more about grades more than others. Just be yourself and keep your head up. I hope this helps. And Good Luck again!

Reactions: 1 users
Hello guys..Does anyone know when pros programs will start sending out invites? Are they delaying because of MATCH?

received interviews from Pitt, UIC , louisville, USC goodluck guys
Hi can u please share what do they request in the interview ? Is it practical exam or questions about pros ? Please share your experience. I hope u got admitted in one of the programs :)

Hello all,
I want to know if anybody know what tooth prep exercise they ask us to do in Harvard as part of the residency process? Is it only a crown prep , or wax up and carving too... Any other information or updates about Harvard school of dental medicine would be appreciated.
Hello were you interviewed at Harvard? Can u please share your experience

Thank you knife for the reply but do you have any friends at Harvard who can give you the information. I already got 2 rejections and this is my last interview for the cycle so don't want to miss it.
Hello can you please share your experience when u went for the interview ? What do they ask ? Anything practical to prepare ?