Program-Specific Info / Q's Program-Specific Info / Q's SUNY Downstate 2017 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you hand in all of your health forms? Because I did but I apparently did the wrong blood work for one form so I have one item left to clear.
I sent them all in at once and they haven't been cleared. I was just told to resend it as one PDF, but nothing since then. I know registration is starting soon so I'm wondering if it will be processed in time. I can't imagine having to get additional work done that's annoying.

Members don't see this ad.

I sent them all in at once and they haven't been cleared. I was just told to resend it as one PDF, but nothing since then. I know registration is starting soon so I'm wondering if it will be processed in time. I can't imagine having to get additional work done that's annoying.
I send in all of mine, and I have not heard ANYTHING from the student health department, and I haven't been cleared yet. I even got an email from the professor who interviewed me saying that she was informed I didn't send in my heath info yet, and I should really do that if I want to go to this school. When I told her the situation, she copied Mr. Bones on the email who apparently is in charge of the health info, and I emailed him separately, too, but I still haven't heard from him.

I send in all of mine, and I have not heard ANYTHING from the student health department, and I haven't been cleared yet. I even got an email from the professor who interviewed me saying that she was informed I didn't send in my heath info yet, and I should really do that if I want to go to this school. When I told her the situation, she copied Mr. Bones on the email who apparently is in charge of the health info, and I emailed him separately, too, but I still haven't heard from him.

WORD FOR WORD this happened to me. EXACTLY how you described it... haha. That's so weird it feels like there's a disconnect between Student Admissions, Student Health, and the faculty themselves. I'm glad it's not just me experiencing this.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
WORD FOR WORD this happened to me. EXACTLY how you described it... haha. That's so weird it feels like there's a disconnect between Student Admissions, Student Health, and the faculty themselves. I'm glad it's not just me experiencing this.
Bahhhh...

I've been running around to different doctors trying to get all the immunizations and I finally sent in my last one today. I've been getting checks on my checklist. Did you guys send it to the right email?
I also realized that I haven't even sent in my housing application. I'm feeling stressed again haha.

Has anyone gotten rejections or waitlists lately? I still have not heard anything from them and I am very confused about it.

I just got in last night off of the waiting list!!! So excited- but now I need to work on health forms and other requirements. How do I submit my deposit and forms? When can we register for classes?

I just got in last night off of the waiting list!!! So excited- but now I need to work on health forms and other requirements. How do I submit my deposit and forms? When can we register for classes?
The deposit is paid online through their portal (I believe they e-mail you the link and instructions for this). The health forms I e-mailed mine as a single PDF to Student Health, but I'm sure you can mail or fax them to Student Health. Other required forms by Student Admissions I have been e-mailing to their e-mail. The registration period right now is ongoing until May 7th I believe, but you aren't allowed to register until your health clearance is processed. Mine still hasn't processed so I have not registered yet.

Congrats!!! :D

Hi guys! I got off the waitlist yesterday and will attend :) looking forward!

Congrats! I haven't heard anything. I kind of wish they would just tell me I didn't get in. I've already committed to another great school but I'd like to have closure on this cycle.

Congrats! I haven't heard anything. I kind of wish they would just tell me I didn't get in. I've already committed to another great school but I'd like to have closure on this cycle.
have you followed up with them?

I just received my admissions decision, but it's the exact letter from when I applied last year. I think they looked at the wrong application and literally sent me the same letter, dated from 3/8/2016. Thankfully I'm already committed to another school but, come on Downstate, get it together.

Edit: they just sent a second, and correct letter. I was rejected.

Last edited: