previous residency: training or work experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

creek

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
confused about where to put my previous residency training in my CV? it looks fits both sections...

Members don't see this ad.

Neither. There's a specific area for previous residencies.
Hello. I have the same question here.
ERAS now has:
a. training
b. experience. (sub-divided into work, research, and volunteer)

I've completed residency and fellowship in a foreign country. Normally I think I should put those into "training"
However, in the training tab, there is only "reason for leaving".
If I put those as work experience, then I can write "hours/week", "description", and "reason for leaving"

I would like to have the freedom of describing more about my previous residency. Can I put those into work experience?

Thanks a lot for all your inputs.

Looking at my prior response, I can see it was woefully inadequate. Sadly, I had assumed that the "previous residency experience" the OP was mentioning was US experience. In that case, you list it as residency experience. For an international residency experience, it's more complicated. Not all international residency experiences are like US experiences. Hence, I'd probably list them as a work experience with a description.

Reactions: 1 users
Looking at my prior response, I can see it was woefully inadequate. Sadly, I had assumed that the "previous residency experience" the OP was mentioning was US experience. In that case, you list it as residency experience. For an international residency experience, it's more complicated. Not all international residency experiences are like US experiences. Hence, I'd probably list them as a work experience with a description.
Thanks a lot for your clarification! Really appreciated!