Pretty scared, another chance me thread! and advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GOINGBALD42

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am planning to apply to PT school. My gpa is a 3.0 cum I have a bachelor of science in biology did post bac got 3.2 and my pre req gpa is at a 3.2 or 3.3. I worked as a pt aide volunteer for about 7 months and am trying to get more hours at different settings soon. I haven't taken the gre and currently writing my essay. I understand that PT application is opening pretty soon, so I rushing a little to get everything ready to apply early. My top choice school is Uof Augustine. What are my chances looking like? What should I be doing to improve my application?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would focus on things that you can do. IF you can retake 1-2 of the prereqs that will easily boost your prerequisite GPA up. Try to get some more hours in a different setting as well. In addition, I would really focus on doing well on the GRE, a score of 300+ and 4.0 should be good for several schools. As for the essay, the application for this year hasn't opened yet so I wouldn't start writing. Look up more schools, because each school calculates 'GPA' differently and see which school will calculate a high GPA for you as well.

Just do well on the gre... I was accepted into 3 schools and offered interviews at 3 more (2 of which I declined) with similar stats. I did have 4500 hours of experience though, so that is one of the few differences in stats.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would focus on things that you can do. IF you can retake 1-2 of the prereqs that will easily boost your prerequisite GPA up. Try to get some more hours in a different setting as well. In addition, I would really focus on doing well on the GRE, a score of 300+ and 4.0 should be good for several schools. As for the essay, the application for this year hasn't opened yet so I wouldn't start writing. Look up more schools, because each school calculates 'GPA' differently and see which school will calculate a high GPA for you as well.

What you mean it hasn't open? I thought the essay topic was "what is professionalism in the context of being a student in a PT program?"

It opens on July 1st. That was last years prompt.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 2.15.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 2.15.46 PM.png
    133.4 KB · Views: 28