preparing for the oat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aosos1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am planning on taking the OAT this summer and I am looking for some advice. Should I study using the OAT destroyer/other prep books first and then take the Kaplan online course? Or the other way around? Or do you think it does not matter? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I was accepted into optometry school and am selling my study materials, including the OAT Destroyer (2015), Kaplan OAT Review (5th Edition), and Cracking the OAT (Princeton Review). I got a 390 on my OAT thanks to these books and self-studied with no outside classes or help. I strongly recommend them! Message me if interested!! I'd be happy to help with other tips/advice on the application process as well.

I would say that it doesn't really matter what order you do. I recently wrote my OAT - and I used the OAT destroyer first to be honest- then I worked on the Kaplan Test preps to see which areas were my weakest.