Pre Reqs HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jtejwani

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I got my bachelors in Economics and minor in Education but now I want to take pre reqs for speech. I'm working as a behavioral therapist right now and am looking to do my pre reqs while I work. Is it possible for me to take pre reqs at a community college? I have been researching forever and I still feel so lost. Any information will help me!

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Taking pre-reqs largely depends on where/what state you live in. There are colleges that offer certificate Post-bachelor's program in Communications Disorders. These programs will allow you to go into either Speech Path or Audiology, depending on what you want to do. Most masters programs prefer students who have had some field experience. I feel like it would give you an advantage over those who do not have any pre-reqs. I do not think community colleges would offer pre-reqs because comm. disorders is a very specific program. I can recommend:

1. SUNY New Paltz Post bachelor's Foundations in Communications Disorders ( you need a 3.0 to stay in the program though).

Also, you could think about looking into Utah State University. They have a pretty extensive distance education program which includes a major specifically geared towards those looking to fulfill the prerequisite requirements for a Masters in Speech Pathology. The following link will lead you to a part of USU's website which explains all of the options and requirements for this degree.

http://usu.edu/degrees/index.cfm?id=192[/URL]