Pre recs for do school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

giguerex35

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I am applying this summer for DO school and have already taken the mcat but wanted to know if it was mandatory to have completed all pre requisite courses before applying or all Pre requisite courses completed before graduating. I have not take cell biology and one other pre-req/required biology course and plan to take it in my senior year. Is that/do you think that will be a problem when applying?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I am applying this summer for DO school and have already taken the mcat but wanted to know if it was mandatory to have completed all pre requisite courses before applying or all Pre requisite courses completed before graduating. I have not take cell biology and one other pre-req/required biology course and plan to take it in my senior year. Is that/do you think that will be a problem when applying?
Before matriculating. No issue. If someone brings it up in an interview (which probably won't happen) just say: "ah, yes, I will be taking that this spring semester."

Boom. Case closed.

Reactions: 1 users
Wgat school requires cell bio and another upper level bio? I dont remember any DO schools requiring anything but bio I + II and a few requiring biochem.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wgat school requires cell bio and another upper level bio? I dont remember any DO schools requiring anything but bio I + II and a few requiring biochem.
I was thinking the same thing. At most, that's a "recommended" course.

Reactions: 1 user

I wasn't referring to a specific school but my school requires both of those to graduate so i was just assuming they would like to see them

Before matriculating at the medical school! No problems if you haven't taken everything before applying! :thumbup: