Practicing EP schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

listenupnow

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all -

I'm wondering the breakdown for how much time an EP (in academic vs. community setting) spends in the EP lab vs clinic vs gen cards consult etc (rough estimate? obviously some EP may do more gen cards than others). And what percentage of patients seen in clinic are chronic management compared to bringing them for ablations or device placement? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

The case mix and schedule are going to WIDELY vary depending on the type and how their particular practice is set up. I'm sure you can find just about any variation out there so.

The group I did my general training with was essential a private group that covered multiple local hospitals. The EP guys did only EP, no general, and had separate EP call they split amongst themselves. They rotated spending about a week in the lab at our main hospital (while also covering consults at that location) while the other guys were covering clinic and consults at the other locations. So for any given month they had at least one and at times 2 weeks in the lab.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk