PP <----> Employed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
Easier to go from PP to employed or vice-versa? I've seen many in PP sell and become employed, but very few employed MD's be successful at starting their own Gig. I'm sure there are exceptions...

Members don't see this ad.

I think for most people it's harder to go from employed to PP because these folks do not know how to market themselves or they don't like marketing themselves. OTOH, it's not easy for a PP/solo doc to start working for a bunch of administrators either.

I would think most PP docs worked for someone at some point. I even know of a few university pain docs who started their own very successful PPs

I suspect the majority of the employed -> pp docs had some desire to eventually move to pp when they first started. Probably a chance to take a financially lower risk move while developing practice approach, skills and efficiency before making the leap.

The pp -> employed ones that I know just got tired of either running a business or hustling and wanted an opportunity where they didn't have to sweat production all the time.