Poster Presentations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Noctámbulo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have some ~30 poster/oral presentations (all as FA/ presenter) at regional/national/international meetings, and I'm not sure how to fit this in the activities section of AMCAS. I am thinking of grouping them as 1 slot (rather than dispersing them throughout their respective research activity slot), but it's still impossible to fit in all poster titles/dates/locations/ etc. with just 700 characters. Any thoughts from those who have navigated this process in the past? Also, some of these have associated travel and presentation awards-- wondering where I should put this, too. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You can group them into one heading Poster Presentations at National Conferences, listing the more prestigious ones; if you have repeated presentations into a particular field, you could break them into 2 or 3 experiences. Make sure that at least one of your most meaningful experiences includes your research project. Presentations can be meaningful but conducting the actual research must one of them.

Reactions: 1 users
You can group them into one heading Poster Presentations at National Conferences, listing the more prestigious ones; if you have repeated presentations into a particular field, you could break them into 2 or 3 experiences. Make sure that at least one of your most meaningful experiences includes your research project. Presentations can be meaningful but conducting the actual research must one of them.
Thanks very much, Fencer- helpful as always! I am running low on space, so I was wondering if you might also have any recommendations for listing undergraduate research grants/travel awards/poster awards. Do people typically try to fit these into their respective research slots? I could also put them under the Conference Presentations slot, but then I probably wouldn't have room to list any of the presentations themselves- only allude to them in terms of # of presentations... Or do you think these types of awards merit their own activity slot (in which case, I would have to delete another activity)?

There are multiple ways to skin the cat, I'm sure, but I am wondering what an adcom member, like yourself, would prefer to see. Many thanks!