Post FP residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted542994

So I goofed around... I did a TRI year and left halfway in between... then I did internal medicine hated it and left before completing 1 year.

After that I sat on my butt for many years, then got into Transitional year, finished it... now in FP residency. Won't leave it, but don't want to be in FP afterwards.

I will have used 5 years of funding, roughly...?

Is there any funding left to do another residency? Say psychiatry...

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not as familiar with the funding argument so I'll let others comment there.

Far more pressing/distressing is your nomad status through different residency programs (quit TRI, quit IM, now about to quit FM). You're going o have a very hard time convincing another residency to take you since you seem to be a very high flight risk. You completed medical school, part of a TRI year and a full transitional year - you should be more than exposed to a variety of specialties and it doesn't speak well that you haven't settled on one yet.

Reactions: 4 users
So I goofed around... I did a TRI year and left halfway in between... then I did internal medicine hated it and left before completing 1 year.

After that I sat on my butt for many years, then got into Transitional year, finished it... now in FP residency. Won't leave it, but don't want to be in FP afterwards.

I will have used 5 years of funding, roughly...?

Is there any funding left to do another residency? Say psychiatry...

Why did you go to an FM residency if you didn't like it? It was the only place that would take you? Or you only realized that you disliked it after it was too late?

Not sure about the funding part of your question.
But depending on the area, FM can see A LOT of psych patients. Especially the areas that are deserts for psychiatrists.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
(Time to) do some soul search buddy.

I can't imagine any residency touching you unless they have empty spaces

Looking at your past post history looks like you graduated with a DO in 2009. And you thought about dropping your FM match this year before even starting (!!). I'm very surprised you were able to get a spot this year, it won't get any easier as you put even more distance from when you graduated.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.