Post 30 day submission success

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

throwaway77

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

anyone have success landing interview at a school despite submitting its secondary more than 30 days after receiving it?

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I got interview invites months after I was complete. It happens. If you're desperate and have something meaningful you can tell the school about you can always send an update letter, but it's a little early to be pulling that card IMO.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,

anyone have success landing interview at a school despite submitting its secondary more than 30 days after receiving it?

thanks.

You mean holding on to the secondary for 30 days? Yeah you may get an invite, but in general I've heard to send them back within two weeks. Don't want to give off the impression that you don't care as much about one school versus another.

Maybe if you have a light summer. It took me three weeks to get secondaries in since I work and go to school. Eats up a bunch of time. I think admission committees are understanding that you may be busy. It would be unfair to judge somebody just because they couldn't get it in. Plus, secondaries aren't cheap, sometimes you have to wait for payday.

Correct. At some school's I'm at 40 days since I received them. I'm almost wondering if submitting is worth the $$$.

Look at each school with respect to your application at large and make the call. If you think you've got a shot based on stats, submit it. If it's a school you really like, submit it. If neither of the above apply and you want to save money, don't submit (So long as you've applied to enough other schools where you feel confident in your application cycle).

Reactions: 1 user