Portland VA--neuropsych

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeuroWise

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do any of the neuropsych folks have any opinions/thoughts on the internship at the Portland VA? More specifically, were (are) you pleased with the neuropsych training? Upon completion of the dissertation, they offer 4 hours of research time to work on other things. Was this research time "protected" or was it lost to clinical work?

Any insider information is greatly appreciated especially as it pertains to the neuropsych aspects of the internship.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have any experience with their program, but I recall them having only one neuropsychology rotation within a general track. Things could have changed.

I personally advocate internships with formal neuropsychology tracks, but I realize that this isn't always possible, and you can be successful without this. Just more challenging.

I knew someone who went through that program and went on to do a neuropsychology fellowship (also VA). Seemed happy with the training.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm familiar with their program (the neuropsych training there is good and it is definitely possible to move on to a very good neuropsych fellowship from there). Feel free to PM me if you like and I can tell you more about what I know.

I'm also familiar with the internship program and am happy to answer questions via PM.