Poll: EM Doc's... most tattoos?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Regarding tattoos in the realm of EM:

• I DO have tattoo/s, but know of no one else that does.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I DO have tattoo/s -- and know other EM folks that do too.

Votes: 40 46.5%
  • I have NO tattoo/s -- and don't know anyone that does.

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • I have NO tattoo/s, but know of at least someone that does.

Votes: 40 46.5%

• Total voters

Frazier

Palliative Emergentologist
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Across my EM rotations, I've noticed that a lot of the attendings, residents, and MS4's have tattoos (myself included).

I have a feeling that EM likely has the highest rate of ink across medical specialties -- perhaps rivaled by GAS, but curious to what others have seen.

Members don't see this ad.

I've got a bunch. None even close to visible when I work so I doubt anyone co-workers know.

Members don't see this ad :)
I often wonder if we're gonna have half the elderly population running around with undecipherable multicolored blobs all over themselves in about 30 years. How will they know if they have melanoma?

Reactions: 1 users
I often wonder if we're gonna have half the elderly population running around with undecipherable multicolored blobs all over themselves in about 30 years. How will they know if they have melanoma?

Were-the-Millers-No-Ragrets-Tattoo.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
I have none.

Wear my seatbelt, too.

Dork, and proud.

Reactions: 3 users
Bumping this with a question. I wanted to get one on my arm but do a lot of places have policies about concealing tattoos? How is it viewed at your place?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Just an MS1 here but the EM resident I'm doing research with has knuckle tattoos ("LOVE and ROSE"), and one arm tatted almost to the point of it being a sleeve.

Oh and she's a girl. One day I'll have to ask her how those went over in interviews...

Just an MS1 here but the EM resident I'm doing research with has knuckle tattoos ("LOVE and ROSE"), and one arm tatted almost to the point of it being a sleeve.

Oh and she's a girl. One day I'll have to ask her how those went over in interviews...

Clint-Eastwood-disgust.gif

Reactions: 1 user
One of my vascular guys has full sleeves. He's a hell of a surgeon too.

I have seven, all are covered by a T shirt and jeans. I think the days of turning one’s nose up at tattoos are about over, but there will always be a few who are aghast at the sight of body art. I feel like EM docs, due to the world we live in, are a bit more gritty, a bit less pampered, tattoos fit us better.

Reactions: 1 users
I have seven, all are covered by a T shirt and jeans. I think the days of turning one’s nose up at tattoos are about over, but there will always be a few who are aghast at the sight of body art. I feel like EM docs, due to the world we live in, are a bit more gritty, a bit less pampered, tattoos fit us better.

Yes but tattoos are ugly. Also, apparently they are permanent.