POD AS BACKUPS GTFIH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CommyO

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Firstly, I mean no disrespect or offense to Podiatry as a field or the students pursuing Pod.

I'm just curious, for those who wanted to pursue a different field such as pharm or especially med, and didn't get in, was podiatry a good backup fit? Since Pod requires a MCAT, I'd imagine it as a solid backup for MD/DO since almost everything overlaps.

For those who did use it as a backup and are pod students now, how is your experience going? Do you like it? Obviously it must have taken some self-justification as it wasn't your top choice.

Members don't see this ad.

Was aiming MD/DO like everyone else at first.

Graduated with low/mediocre grades. Considered Opto, PA, Chiro, PT.

Ran into pod at a health fair during grad school. One thing led to another, kept going deeper and deeper into the podiatry rabbit hole and things kept working out. Starting in August.

So far pretty content. A lot of cool people, options for surgical interventions as well as typical bread and butter cases.

Not all students want to work on feet. Remember that next time someone asks "Why aren't more pre-meds in podiatry?"

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)