PM&R material for away rotation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrphysique

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations for what I can read ahead of time? Did a search but didn't see anything recently.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone have any recommendations for what I can read ahead of time? Did a search but didn't see anything recently.

I had PM&R secrets, it's huge and has a good general overview of a lot of the stuff you'll encounter. I also used PM&R now through the AAPMR website. Google search should pull it up.. Lots of good high yield topics as well. Study up on your anatomy, nerve roots, action origin/insertion of muscles, dermatomes. Start getting familiar with the ASIA exam and perfect your neuro, mental status and MSK exams

I had PM&R secrets, it's huge and has a good general overview of a lot of the stuff you'll encounter. I also used PM&R now through the AAPMR website. Google search should pull it up.. Lots of good high yield topics as well. Study up on your anatomy, nerve roots, action origin/insertion of muscles, dermatomes. Start getting familiar with the ASIA exam and perfect your neuro, mental status and MSK exams

ChiSox has great tips. Personally, I used PM&R handbook by Shatzer. It's small enough to put in your white coat so I was always reading and learning before and after cases I knew little about. I 100% agree with perfecting your physical exam- also know when to apply them and what they're testing. This will help you communicate your findings to the attendings!

Most importantly, show interest, have fun, and have a great attitude. People respond to positive personalities!