Please Stop the CVS Bashing!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Actually Old Timer has been hibernating...This Thread goes to Rxnupe and Old...

I co-own a thread?? Does this mean.....Nah......Does this mean I am a SDN emergent leader? do I get a hat or t-shirt? A vanity license plate for my hummer?:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

I co-own a thread?? Does this mean.....Nah......Does this mean I am a SDN emergent leader? do I get a hat or t-shirt? A vanity license plate for my hummer?:laugh:

This Thread is all yours! :laugh:

Bull****. The floater is a pharmacist and gets paid what the other pharmacists get paid and it's his/her responsibility to see that everything is done and done properly. He/she should not leave the store a mess and they should not say "I don't have to do this, I'm a floater". That doesn't mean the techs shouldn't guide the floater, but the tech gets paid crap and the pharmacist gets the responsibility along with the paycheck.

I'm a floater at a retail chain and I never leave the pharmacy in worse shape then when I found it. But I'll start going above in beyond with all the stupid return to stocks and stocking the script pro when the PIC actually gives me adequate help. But it seems like in my district, a floater is an excuse to save some tech hours to be used when staff pharmacists are working which is a huge pile of crap. If you don't give me the help I require, don't get all pissy when I just do the minimum to leave the store how I found it. It's a 2 way street PICs don't usually understand

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a floater at a retail chain and I never leave the pharmacy in worse shape then when I found it. But I'll start going above in beyond with all the stupid return to stocks and stocking the script pro when the PIC actually gives me adequate help. But it seems like in my district, a floater is an excuse to save some tech hours to be used when staff pharmacists are working which is a huge pile of crap. If you don't give me the help I require, don't get all pissy when I just do the minimum to leave the store how I found it. It's a 2 way street PICs don't usually understand

I use to always over staff when a floater was coming. The floater isnt familiar with the store, the volume, the patients...Rather over staff then have patients upset...

I use to always over staff when a floater was coming. The floater isnt familiar with the store, the volume, the patients...Rather over staff then have patients upset...

Honestly, I may have been a little harsh. In my district the majority of the stores are good with this, there are just maybe 3-5 that are notoriously bad with this to the point that a bunch of floaters will refuse to work there. It's just when I hear people bitch about floaters I just immediately think about being short staffed and getting yelled at becasue "I have no clue what is going on, where the regular guy"

Honestly, I may have been a little harsh. In my district the majority of the stores are good with this, there are just maybe 3-5 that are notoriously bad with this to the point that a bunch of floaters will refuse to work there. It's just when I hear people bitch about floaters I just immediately think about being short staffed and getting yelled at becasue "I have no clue what is going on, where the regular guy"

You are probably in the minority here (of being a great floater). Most floaters i remember were not concerned with anything but filling prescriptions and getting out. I would over staff to help them, but i wouldnt get the same respect back. Eventually, i just didnt care anymore; I just wouldnt take any days off. And then I just outright quit! :)

This Thread is all yours! :laugh:

Wow! My first thread. Old timer never had his own thread. Wait till the other old guys here at the home find out. I bet I get an extra sticky bun for lunch!:thumbup:

Wow! My first thread. Old timer never had his own thread. Wait till the other old guys here at the home find out. I bet I get an extra sticky bun for lunch!:thumbup:

Oh no....OldTimer has many threads. He was just as annoying as Rxnupe before he finally gave up. OldTimer is as big a CVS apologist as Rxnupe.

Oh no....OldTimer has many threads. He was just as annoying as Rxnupe before he finally gave up. OldTimer is as big a CVS apologist as Rxnupe.

I still get the extra sticky bun for lunch, right?:laugh:

I signed a year contract with CVS. What is the deal with paying back the loan if you quit or leave early? My bonus was 5k which was only about 3300 after taxes. Would CVS expect me to pay back 3300 or 5K? How does this work? I would really appreciate the info, thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I signed a year contract with CVS. What is the deal with paying back the loan if you quit or leave early? My bonus was 5k which was only about 3300 after taxes. Would CVS expect me to pay back 3300 or 5K? How does this work? I would really appreciate the info, thank you.

You would be paying back 5k.

Congrats on the honor. Its a hard honor to receive at SDN.

You would be paying back 5k.

Really? I would have to give CVS back 5K even though I only received 3300??? I truly detest going into CVS everyday of my existence, and I am only an intern. It is to the point that I won't even buy a soda or a bottled water there because I feel that would be "contributing to the enemy." Everything about CVS: the non-stop ringing of the phones, the sound of the phone, "you have one pharmacy call", "you have 2 pharmacy calls", the drive through, the idiot welfare customers that want all their "free" medication, everything in the store being overpriced 35%. I really thought a friend of mine was crazy when he took a 30K/year wage decrease to leave cvs, after a 1st hand look at what actually goes on in CVS, I completely understand.

Really? I would have to give CVS back 5K even though I only received 3300??? I truly detest going into CVS everyday of my existence, and I am only an intern. It is to the point that I won't even buy a soda or a bottled water there because I feel that would be "contributing to the enemy." Everything about CVS: the non-stop ringing of the phones, the sound of the phone, "you have one pharmacy call", "you have 2 pharmacy calls", the drive through, the idiot welfare customers that want all their "free" medication, everything in the store being overpriced 35%. I really thought a friend of mine was crazy when he took a 30K/year wage decrease to leave cvs, after a 1st hand look at what actually goes on in CVS, I completely understand.

CVS paid you $5000. You then had to pay some to the government. You would have to give them what they gave you.

The thread that will not die!

I laugh every time I see it. The pain this must be causing Rxnupe. I can see Rxnupe in a dark closet in his apartment curled up in the fetal position. Clutched in his arms is a picture of Tom Ryan. As tears slowly run down his cheek and splash on Tom's face I see him chanting over and over "Stupid SDN people. I love CVS! I am an emerging leader! Stupid SDN people. I love CVS! I am an emerging leader". Over and over again until he drifts off to sleep to the echos in his head of "One pharmacy line one hold, two pharmacy lines on hold, three cars in drive through, four pharmacy lines on hold........

Last edited:

I laugh every time I see it. The pain this must be causing Rxnupe. I can see Rxnupe in a dark closet in his apartment curled up in the fetal position. Clutched in his arms is a picture of Tom Ryan. As tears slowly run down his cheek and splash on Tom's face I see him chanting over and over "Stupid SDN people. I love CVS! I am an emerging leader! Stupid SDN people. I love CVS! I am an emerging leader". Over and over again until he drifts off to sleep to the echos in his head of "One pharmacy line one hold, two pharmacy lines on hold, three cars in drive through, four pharmacy lines on hold........

lol omg. I'm laughing just thinking about this image. I am so glad i'm not working at cvs anymore. You had to worry about pci, new scipt pick-up, flu shots, phones ringing off the hook, voicemails every hour, and drive thru. I just remember getting to work at 7:45am and saying "oh crap fml."

I'm not saying all retails bad. My rotation at an independent pharmacy was great. Its sad to see what retail has become thanks to cvs and walgreens. CVS is at the forefront of making the pharmacist become a personal marketer. What ever happened to just dispensing and verifying scripts to ensure safety of drug use.

Sorry, but I'm LOL atm. :laugh:

yes sparda ..

regardless if u leave, you do not lose ANY money due to the 'bonus' if thats wat we can really call it

I actually would lose money because even though I was given a 5k bonus, it was 1,700 dollars less after taxes. So yes, I would be out 1,700 dollars if I decided to get out of hell aka CVS.

Now that everyone in the pharmacy has to be a licensed technician, does CVS still get away with not counting cashiers as technicians? In my state it is law that you can only have a maximum of 3 licensed technicians supervised by 1 pharmacist, with a maximum of 1 intern included in that 3. I am continually in a store where we do 300-400 scripts/day and there are days when we have 4-6 people staffed. I am guessing this is illegal according to the law. Why doesn't anyone enforce this?

It's not worth $140,000.00 per year.....

140K?????

I just signed for about 124K/year for a 44 hour week and I have spoken to classmates who signed in extremely saturated areas for around 100K.

I actually would lose money because even though I was given a 5k bonus, it was 1,700 dollars less after taxes. So yes, I would be out 1,700 dollars if I decided to get out of hell aka CVS.

I hope you know more about drugs than you do about money. You didn't lose the money. The government has the money. They will settle up with you at tax time. You will either get a refund or have to pay less taxes when you file next year. You will get full credit for paying the $1700.00 bucks from the people who have it.

140K?????

I just signed for about 124K/year for a 44 hour week and I have spoken to classmates who signed in extremely saturated areas for around 100K.

The number doesn't matter. What matters is you are a highly compensated professional. If all you want to do is lick & stick you will be extinct long before you retire.

I hope you know more about drugs than you do about money. You didn't lose the money. The government has the money. They will settle up with you at tax time. You will either get a refund or have to pay less taxes when you file next year. You will get full credit for paying the $1700.00 bucks from the people who have it.

You are correct, I don't know anything about money due to never having money thoughout my lifetime. Thank you for taking your time to respond.

You are correct, I don't know anything about money due to never having money thoughout my lifetime. Thank you for taking your time to respond.

Not having any, doesn't preclude you from learning about it. Also, even if you lost the $1,700.00, You should gladly have lost it if you would have hated your job that much. Life is to short to hate what you do for more than a third of your waking hours. It's only money dude....

Not having any, doesn't preclude you from learning about it. Also, even if you lost the $1,700.00, You should gladly have lost it if you would have hated your job that much. Life is to short to hate what you do for more than a third of your waking hours. It's only money dude....

I agree. It's just tough right now in my area, severely saturated. Unless I'm willing to relocate, which I can't do, it doesn't look good.

The number doesn't matter. What matters is you are a highly compensated professional. If all you want to do is lick & stick you will be extinct long before you retire.

Yes a highly compensated professional who, at least at CVS, does a job a trained monkey could do. CVS has nearly destoyed the "profesional" as you say. Timers on the phone, timers on the drive thiorugh, timers on the prescriptions, Triple BS, PCI calls what the hell is all of this? Nothing more than a bunch of additional tasks that amount to nothing more than making sure you lick and stick as fast as possible.

Tell me one thing CVS does that has anything to do with the actual practice of pharmacy. One thing that is all. Do they keep track of how many people you counsel? Seems like that is a pretty important metric to keep track of. Do they keep track of the number of interventions you make on a daily basis? Seems like a pretty important metric to guage your effectivness as a pharmacist. Do they give you enopugh staff to saftly do your job and be that highly compensated professional you speak of?

Nope. All they keep track of his how fast you are licking and sticking. You tell me how you are a "professional" at CVS.

Yes a highly compensated professional who, at least at CVS, does a job a trained monkey could do. CVS has nearly destoyed the "profesional" as you say. Timers on the phone, timers on the drive thiorugh, timers on the prescriptions, Triple BS, PCI calls what the hell is all of this? Nothing more than a bunch of additional tasks that amount to nothing more than making sure you lick and stick as fast as possible.

Thats exactly what you'll be once you work for cvs long enough. You better have a heck of a life outside of cvs because inside of cvs you are a trained monkey taught how to get tasks done at a certain time and making money for your masters.

Thats exactly what you'll be once you work for cvs long enough. You better have a heck of a life outside of cvs because inside of cvs you are a trained monkey taught how to get tasks done at a certain time and making money for your masters.

Oh I know! That is why I laugh at these fools like OldTimer and Rxnupe.

Opp quick answer the phone in 20 seconds or I get dinged. Oh wait theres the drive through gotta go get it in 10 seconds or I get dinged. Oh wait 17 pages in the que gotta get to them before they turn red or I get dinged. Go, go, go, faster, faster, faster!!!! Gotta meet those metrics!!!!! Go! Go! Go!

Yep thats practicing good pharmacy:thumbdown:

Trained monkey? Nope...More like the dancing chicken at the county fair. Want him to dance? Just turn up the hot plate he is standing on. Hotter and hotter he dances faster and faster!

:thumbup:
Oh I know! That is why I laugh at these fools like OldTimer and Rxnupe.

Opp quick answer the phone in 20 seconds or I get dinged. Oh wait theres the drive through gotta go get it in 10 seconds or I get dinged. Oh wait 17 pages in the que gotta get to them before they turn red or I get dinged. Go, go, go, faster, faster, faster!!!! Gotta meet those metrics!!!!! Go! Go! Go!

Yep thats practicing good pharmacy:thumbdown:

Trained monkey? Nope...More like the dancing chicken at the county fair. Want him to dance? Just turn up the hot plate he is standing on. Hotter and hotter he dances faster and faster!

Wow, I don't think it could be said any better. :thumbup:

Tell me one thing CVS does that has anything to do with the actual practice of pharmacy. One thing that is all. Do they keep track of how many people you counsel? Seems like that is a pretty important metric to keep track of. Do they keep track of the number of interventions you make on a daily basis? Seems like a pretty important metric to guage your effectivness as a pharmacist. Do they give you enopugh staff to saftly do your job and be that highly compensated professional you speak of?

Nope. All they keep track of his how fast you are licking and sticking. You tell me how you are a "professional" at CVS.

YEAH.gif

I agree w/ you. Wagreens is no exception but even worse!!! Not only are you timed on everything that you do but also you're FORCED to verify other stores' scripts (with a minimum of # of rx's per week and certain percentage of cancelling rx's allowed). And, yes, there are Pharmacists that know how to manipulate this metric in a way that when cancelling other stores' scripts, it won't show up in their KPI. And we, as Pharmacists, also are sales promoters for Walgreens Prescription Saving Club ($4 rx's), flu shots, breast cancer drive ("would u like to donate a $1 to the American Breast..."), etc... As a Pharmacist, I felt annoyed and insulted to beg for donations. So just like CVS, while you can, get away from Walgreens!!!

I agree w/ you. Wagreens is no exception but even worse!!! Not only are you timed on everything that you do but also you're FORCED to verify other stores' scripts (with a minimum of # of rx's per week and certain percentage of cancelling rx's allowed). And, yes, there are Pharmacists that know how to manipulate this metric in a way that when cancelling other stores' scripts, it won't show up in their KPI. And we, as Pharmacists, also are sales promoters for Walgreens Prescription Saving Club ($4 rx's), flu shots, breast cancer drive ("would u like to donate a $1 to the American Breast..."), etc... As a Pharmacist, I felt annoyed and insulted to beg for donations. So just like CVS, while you can, get away from Walgreens!!!
I don't care about cancelling other stores' scripts. Since I work graveyards and no one else is open, I just print a copy of the rx image that I refuse to verify, mark what was wrong with it, file it, and move on. If they don't want us to correct refills, then so be it. I refuse to get sued, because I was too worried about a "metric".

head hit nail. What you described there was my 6 week APPE rotation at Walgreens that made me mighty determined to never work corp. retail as a pharmacist ( would rather be unemployed). To add to the insult, my preceptor and her senior tech were biyotches everyone hated.

No clue how retail pharmacists do this on a DAILY for YEARS. Frankly, I have nothing but respect for them. One of the best pharmacists there was getting dinged because her numbers were like 0.8% off. Insane.

It is so easy to get around that silly delete metric. Just have an extra label or bottle with UPC and scan that when you need change screens. You'll get the error message, and then you can cancel without any penalty.
Honestly, no one has ever talked to be about KPIs being low.

Honestly, no one has ever talked to be about KPIs being low.
Right. In the beginning my store's wait time, F4, and DRE rates weren't great, but once they were fixed, it's been no problem. I think a sophisticated computer system lends itself to paranoia...

CVS is a terrible company that treats their employees like crap and doesn't care about anything other than the bottom line. Bashing them is entirely appropriate, imho.
YES:love:

I don't know how pharmacists at CVSuck can do 14 hour straight without break. That's simply just wrong.

One of the worst parts about working at CVS is the staff they put you with. Realistically I think my dogs are more intelligent than they are. Your license is on the line with these people and they truly don't give a ****. Stupidity and ignorance is the norm in my workplace. How can I possibly relate with people that think "the hangover" is the best movie ever made and Lil Wayne is a God. I've just never had a job where everything sucks. Management works you 14 hour days with no break (which shows they could care less about you and your health), your co-workers are mentally incompetent and despise you because you want them to work rather than hide and smoke cigarettes all day,understaffing & non-staffing ,timers on drive thrus, speed verifying, non-stop phone calls with idiotic questions that could actually be classified as harrassment. It is not normal for the same people to call 3 times/day, every day, and ask the same questions over, and over, and over, and over again. 1 pharmacist with 6 technicians doing 2,000+ scripts/week, which is illegal, by law you can only have 3 techs per pharmacist. I just really feel embarassed to be apart of CVS and what they stand for.

We don't. I take a bathroom break every hour and a 15min lunch.

Don't believe everything people say.

seriously thats great that you bend your cvs experience to fit your needs, but honestly you might want to look at lowering your diuretic doses if you're peeing 12-14 times per day

One of the worst parts about working at CVS is the staff they put you with. Realistically I think my dogs are more intelligent than they are. Your license is on the line with these people and they truly don't give a ****. Stupidity and ignorance is the norm in my workplace. How can I possibly relate with people that think "the hangover" is the best movie ever made and Lil Wayne is a God. I've just never had a job where everything sucks. Management works you 14 hour days with no break (which shows they could care less about you and your health), your co-workers are mentally incompetent and despise you because you want them to work rather than hide and smoke cigarettes all day,understaffing & non-staffing ,timers on drive thrus, speed verifying, non-stop phone calls with idiotic questions that could actually be classified as harrassment. It is not normal for the same people to call 3 times/day, every day, and ask the same questions over, and over, and over, and over again. 1 pharmacist with 6 technicians doing 2,000+ scripts/week, which is illegal, by law you can only have 3 techs per pharmacist. I just really feel embarassed to be apart of CVS and what they stand for.

Huh, The Hangover was probably the best comedy made in the last 10 years.

The Hangover, Tropic Thunder, 40 Year Old Virgin, Pineapple Express, Superbad were some of the best movies made in recent years.

Huh, The Hangover was probably the best comedy made in the last 10 years.

The Hangover, Tropic Thunder, 40 Year Old Virgin, Pineapple Express, Superbad were some of the best movies made in recent years.

some of the best!?!

i will say they were good, great even.. but THE BEST?!?!!?!

ive only seen 40 year old virgin and superbad, two of my favorite comedies of the last 5 years, hands down.

One huge component of the reason y alot of techs suck is that thier job sucks, so there is a huge turnover rate. They basically get paid minimum wage, crappy benefits, have very little to no college education (unless they are currently in school).

Most of the techs that are any good, realize that CVS doesn't care bout em, their 20 cent raises always bounce back from corporate. THat and the most important factor is that the job sucks. Come on? Most of us don't wanna do it with how much we get paid, let alone minimum wage.

The ones that stick around for a long time are the underachievers and old "dinosaur" techs that have been techs for 90 yrs. Because it's a no-brainer that the jobs cons outweigh the pros.

They can work at a department store and make way more than the can even dream to make at CVS. Most likely have similar benefits and way better employee discounts. THey can get a TV at best buy with an employee discount n throw it up on ebay and make more than they make a month at CVS.

I swear i think alot of em just stick around for the lab coat....they feel important.

I am by no means knocking all techs, I work with some really smart kids. Makes my day so much easier. These ones however realize the futility of being a CVS tech so they have long term goals and I always help em with advice and recommendations, etc.

Diplomat this is by the strangest post to date- tell me what do you want CVS to do- remove the phones? CVS can't control how many people call the phones- every semi busy pharmacy is going to have the phones ringing. Drive thru??? What major Pharmacy chain doesn't have drive thrus? The "idiot welfare customers"-- another stupid remark- CVS has no control over the economic upbringing of it's customers. By the way, you think your "welfare" people are bad- go work in a high income area where if you offer these customers a generic they will chew your ass out. Also go work with the rich where they want there meds done in 5 minutes or less and they wll call corp if it's not out in 5 minutes. And remember to stock your whole Pharmacy with so expensive Brand medications that are hard to get in because so few people get them but Daddy Big Bucks doesn't want to hear that because he has so much money that he doesn't care how much the Brand cost but you better have it in stock.
I actually think you are crazy for posting this absurd remark