DAlb

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an incoming high school senior looking for a path to take. I'm very interested in being able to preform non cosmetic procedures such as Botox, lip injections, cool sculpting, laser hair removal, and so on. Initially I wanted to continue on and become a dermatologist but all other aspects of that field didn't interest me very much. I then looked into plastic surgery but elements of that field beyond what I listed and with the exceptions of lipo/fat transfer breast augmention didn't interest me. I came upon the idea of becoming a nurse practitioner dermatologist and opening my own practice to preform the procedures I'm interested in. Only certain states alllow this and certain procedures face legalities.

Moral of the story is this a plausible path? Does anyone have advice or suggestions to offer? Any suggestions of school? I'm interested in acculturated NP programs that don't require a nursing undergraduate just a 3 semester course. This would allow me to undergrad in marketing which I'm very interested in and would be a valuable tool in creating and promoting my own practice.

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.