Please Help PreReq Question C- in orgo I

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

future_dr_girl

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I plan on applying to dental school this summer and I have a 3.5 gpa and a 3.36 science GPA. I got a C- in orgo and I never retook the class. I am not sure what to do should I retake the class? I am a chemistry major so I do have other science courses I did much better in like Bio Chem. I'm really lost any advice would be very helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools require a year of ochem with a C or higher. Look specifically into the admission requirements for the schools you'll be applying to, but you probably will have to retake.

Reactions: 1 user
If It helps I already took Ochem II and scored higher. Do you know any schools which accept C- as pre req?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know how your school let you took OChem 2 without passing the first level first... All schools expect at least a C (a passing grade) in prereqs. Any school that requires OChem would not accept this

A c- is a passing grade at my school don't really know what school doesn't allow you to pass with a C-

You would have to send all the dental schools you applied to an academic status update and they will ask for an official transcript before classes start. Good Luck.