please help CS permit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Major procrastinator

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
can anyone tell me how long CS permit came after applying and paying the fee?

I want to apply this year and now all the dates have been taken up to july 15, in every city. I know sometimes people drop but I dont have my permit yet :( if we call ecfmg can they squeeze a student in so they can have scores back by sept 15

Members don't see this ad.

IIRC it took a couple days.

There's a Firefox extension you can use called "Check 4 Change" that you can use to check for openings. I believe it reloads the webpage frequently and will alert you if there's a change (i.e. if a spot opened up)

IIRC it took a couple days.

There's a Firefox extension you can use called "Check 4 Change" that you can use to check for openings. I believe it reloads the webpage frequently and will alert you if there's a change (i.e. if a spot opened up)
Thank you, I will try the firefox extension

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also wondering how long does CS permit come? Some say 5 days some would say 7 days.. Some 3 weeks :/ this would be hard..

Anyways just an update got my permit a day ago. Any news on yours?
im still waiting, apparently ecfmg didnt put my diploma in my file when i sent it 2 months ago. Otherwise i would have had this week which would have been 15 days

it doesnt matter now, Ill be ready end of april and I will have it by then for sure.

im still waiting, apparently ecfmg didnt put my diploma in my file when i sent it 2 months ago. Otherwise i would have had this week which would have been 15 days

it doesnt matter now, Ill be ready end of april and I will have it by then for sure.

Ive been checking the site for dates seems anything july 30 above is filled

How do you do that? I'm gunning for a cs July 15th
just go on the scheduling site and schedule alerts, you have to have permit.

I wouldn't gun for July 15th, that's a huge risk your taking for multiple reasons

#1) not guaranteed you will get that date
#2) July 16th requirements for CS changes and score will not come out til october
#3) Highly recommend you get ready for CS now if you want to apply for residency on time.
#4) You have til mid august to take CK and get grades before sept 15th so I would take care of CS first as CK wont be a scheduling problem.
#5) if you take CS early may you have 3-4 months for CK study

Last edited: