Plainview program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wildwestjoe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last year I became connected with some individuals that went through this program, they have been out for sometime now but say lots of good things. I have experienced that most alumni talk up their training sites, so I only believe them so much. I am hopeful that their good word will earn me some extra points When I apply, although i wont have the opportunity to rotate there this year myself.

Since I will not be rotating I am just looking for any comments, experiences, or info on their osteopathic orthopedic residency. For how big that program is, 30 approved spots, there is very little information on these threads, just an occational mention in passing.

Members don't see this ad.

Bump

I read that they are only going to be in NMRP match for now on, which means you'd find out a month after all the NMS match results

Seems like a good way to become more anxious

Just found this out as well. I would still like to interview at this program if they will invite me, but I dont think I will forgo the NMS match to hold out for this program in the NMRP as I feel AOA is still my best shot at matching ortho.

They must have a strong desire to take MDs this cycle, they are going to miss out on some top DO candidates just because we simply wont risk not matching in the NMRP.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just found this out as well. I would still like to interview at this program if they will invite me, but I dont think I will forgo the NMS match to hold out for this program in the NMRP as I feel AOA is still my best shot at matching ortho.

They must have a strong desire to take MDs this cycle, they are going to miss out on some top DO candidates just because we simply wont risk not matching in the NMRP.
I guess it would be good for a second chance though if you dont match NMS, i.e. youll still have a shot a month later if you applied here.

I wish these programs would post their current residents, I have no idea how many MDs they are taking now

I guess it would be good for a second chance though if you dont match NMS, i.e. youll still have a shot a month later if you applied here.

I wish these programs would post their current residents, I have no idea how many MDs they are taking now
I contacted them. All they would say is they are looking to fill six spots in the nmrp match and are accepting both md's and do's.

I agree about it being a nice back up, and i doubt many do's will apply strictly nmrp so a lot of good do's will be swooped up in the nms match leaving NY to pick from "less competitive" DO pool remaining after nms and the entire MD pool, my guess is they fill mostly MD but i guess we will see.

Reactions: 1 user