Pitt DPT Housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fishdpt20

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently accepted to Pitt's DPT program but the late notice has me struggling to find housing. Does anyone on here know where students typically live around Pittsburgh? I know Pitt has University owned apartments for both undergrad and grad students but wasn't if most PT students live off campus? Any info helps!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi I'll be apart of your class but being familiar with the Pittsburgh area and having time to look at options, there seems to be quite a few routes you can go.

Most of the classes will be in bridgeside point which is south of the main portion of the campus in Oakland right up against the river. People live in central and south Oakland but it doesn't seem to be as popular for grad students because that's where a lot of the undergrad students live and the area itself doesn't seem to be the nicest option either. If you are looking to be in walking distance to bridgeside point, you could live in the south side and classes would just be a walk across the hot metal bridge. The nightlife of the area is also on Carson street in the south side so if you want to avoid that, then maybe pick a place in the south side that isn't close to all of those bars. People also live in the shadyside and squirrel hill regions. I've looked a little more at shadyside and that's where I'll be staying. It is a nicer area (can be more expensive as well) but you will be a little further from classes. As a Pitt student though, you will receive free access to the port authority public transportation buses. I'm not sure if one goes straight to bridgeside point but you can ride the bus to Forbes tower in Oakland (where the cadaver lab is and most of the shrs programs are) then take a shuttle down to bridgeside point. Or you can buy a parking pass for bridgeside point for $60 a month.