Pitt Dental students...school schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

naj118

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had the dates Pitt Dental school starts/when breaks occur. I was trying to find the academic calender for the dental school on Pitt's website but can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had the dates Pitt Dental school starts/when breaks occur. I was trying to find the academic calender for the dental school on Pitt's website but can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks

I would love to know about this too.
Can Anybody help us?
:)

Members don't see this ad :)
so from that calender when does school start? July? When are breaks and all, that calender is still sorta unclear of breaks/starting and ending of classes

School starts on Wednesday. Dude, better be there, there's always a freakin quiz ;)

Here is a link to the calendar http://www.dental.pitt.edu/sdm/calendars.php

I hope that this helps...

Just went to the web site to browse around. Thanks for the link. Pitt's dental school is 39% women, slightly lower than average, and 57% of the student body is comprised of out-of-state students. Wow! :eek: Much, much larger than many other state dental schools.

Things may be trending this way. Especially in states like PA. Penn State, my alma mata, is presently the most costly in the U.S. for an in-state education. Recently read that less than 27% of costs at Penn State, most likely Pitt is close too, are funded by the state. Most funding is acquired from tution. Hence, more out-of-staters, higher revenue. Maybe the fact that PA has three dental schools also influences the number of out-of-staters. Good luck in school.

ive been going crazy trying to find an actual curriculum guide or something for pitt. The academic calendar was helpful, but anyone have an actual list of courses/order or courses, etc like some websites for case or nyu, etc have. I know the school will be doing systems based learning from next yr, but any kind of syllabus or etc would be helpful. Thanks!

They post the schedules on a student website for current students, but I can tell you what classes I've had each semester thus far. I'm a second year

First Year
Fall - Dental Materials class and lab, dental anatomy class and lab, histology, oral histology, biochemistry, statistics, computer basics. (that's all i can remember)

Spring- Anatomy, Head and Neck anatomy, physiology, occlusion, amalgam, perio

Summer -neuro, nutrition, micro, path, pbl, composite,

2nd Year
Fall- treatment planning, fixed partial dentures, dentures, path, radiology, anesthesia, ortho, pharmacology, pedo, perio

Spring - treatment planning, pbl, path, fixed partial dentures,removable partial dentures, endodontics, perio, ortho, oral surgery, pedo

They post the schedules on a student website for current students, but I can tell you what classes I've had each semester thus far. I'm a second year

First Year
Fall - Dental Materials class and lab, dental anatomy class and lab, histology, oral histology, biochemistry, statistics, computer basics. (that's all i can remember)

Spring- Anatomy, Head and Neck anatomy, physiology, occlusion, amalgam, perio

Summer -neuro, nutrition, micro, path, pbl, composite,

2nd Year
Fall- treatment planning, fixed partial dentures, dentures, path, radiology, anesthesia, ortho, pharmacology, pedo, perio

Spring - treatment planning, pbl, path, fixed partial dentures,removable partial dentures, endodontics, perio, ortho, oral surgery, pedo

Hey...I'm a first year and they did a little bit of moving around in the schedules for us. THey moved Dental Materials from Fall to Spring and I think occlusion from Spring to summer.

They also pickedu p a new class in Fall where they kind of introduce you to different aspects of dentistry. :)