PICU match 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard from Boston Children's, Hopkins, or UCSF?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wash U
Columbia
UAB
Monte
Cohen
CHOP
mercy children's
Cincinnati
Children's hospital of Wisconsin
Emory
MGH
UTSW
University of Maryland
Nationwide
Buffalo
UVA
Iowa
CHLA
Madison
OHSU
Riley
UCSD
Stanford
Michigan
Vanderbilt
DuPont
UCLA
Baylor
Children's National
St. Christopher's
Cornell
Colorado
Phoenix
University of Florida
University of Tennessee
Northwestern
UPMC
Univeristy of Chicago
UMN
Duke

Wash U
Columbia
UAB
Monte
Cohen
CHOP
mercy children's
Cincinnati
Emory
MGH
UTSW
University of Maryland
Nationwide
Buffalo
UVA
Iowa
CHLA
Madison
OHSU
Riley
UCSD
Stanford
Michigan
Vanderbilt
DuPont
UCLA
Baylor
Children's National
St. Christopher's
Cornell
Colorado
Pheonix
University of Florida
University of Tennessee
Northwestern
UPMC
University of Chicago
UNC

Do you guys think it's appropriate if you haven't heard from a program to email them if you will be in the nearby area to find out if you will be interviewing? If so, how long would you wait?

Do you guys think it's appropriate if you haven't heard from a program to email them if you will be in the nearby area to find out if you will be interviewing? If so, how long would you wait?

I would be interested to know as well. Do we think most programs have given out all of their interview spots, and its possible to be sitting on some sort of waitlist, or are they still reviewing applications?

I would be interested to know as well. Do we think most programs have given out all of their interview spots, and its possible to be sitting on some sort of waitlist, or are they still reviewing applications?
I don't know. I'm still waiting to hear from 6. Some of which I know have sent offers and some I'm unsure. We know Boston has sent rejections but have they sent offers? Also still waiting on Hopkins, Seattle, and ucsf which no one has posted about.

I don't know. I'm still waiting to hear from 6. Some of which I know have sent offers and some I'm unsure. We know Boston has sent rejections but have they sent offers? Also still waiting on Hopkins, Seattle, and ucsf which no one has posted about.

Yeah, I'm going to reach out to my advisor tomorrow and ask. I know in the oncology field the attendings thought emailing was reasonable; however, it does seem somewhat early. Additionally, I have heard you can get interviews as far out as October (though then you have to assume you weren't at the top of their list). I just don't know if all programs send out rejections either.

I believe we interview till mid-October. Applicants will always be notified if they are extended an interview or not. Typically there are about 40 interviews for 80 applicants, so filtering through the applications takes time. I'm sure if you emailed a program as to why you haven't heard, you would get the same response.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received a message from UCSF last week requesting a letter of interest from me among other things. They didn't extend an invitation but said they'd let me know by the end of August. Didn't know programs did this stuff. Anybody else have the same experience?

I received a message from UCSF last week requesting a letter of interest from me among other things. They didn't extend an invitation but said they'd let me know by the end of August. Didn't know programs did this stuff. Anybody else have the same experience?
They asked me for the same several weeks ago. I haven't heard anything since.

Wash U
Columbia
UAB
Monte
Cohen
CHOP
mercy children's
Cincinnati
Emory
MGH
UTSW
University of Maryland
Nationwide
Buffalo
UVA
Iowa
CHLA
Madison
OHSU
Riley
UCSD
Stanford
Michigan
Vanderbilt
DuPont
UCLA
Baylor
Children's National
St. Christopher's
Cornell
Colorado
Phoenix
University of Florida
University of Tennessee
Northwestern
UPMC
Univeristy of Chicago
UMN
Duke
UNC
Boston children's

Wash U
Columbia
UAB
Monte
Cohen
CHOP
mercy children's
Cincinnati
Emory
MGH
UTSW
University of Maryland
Nationwide
Buffalo
UVA
Iowa
CHLA
Madison
OHSU
Riley
UCSD
Stanford
Michigan
Vanderbilt
DuPont
UCLA
Baylor
Children's National
St. Christopher's
Cornell
Colorado
Phoenix
University of Florida
University of Tennessee
Northwestern
UPMC
Univeristy of Chicago
UMN
Duke
UNC
Boston children's
UAMS- Little Rock
University of Louisville

Wash U
Columbia
UAB
Monte
Cohen
CHOP
mercy children's
Cincinnati
Emory
MGH
UTSW
University of Maryland
Nationwide
Buffalo
UVA
Iowa
CHLA
Madison
OHSU
Riley
UCSD
Stanford
Michigan
Vanderbilt
DuPont
UCLA
Baylor
Children's National
St. Christopher's
Cornell
Colorado
Phoenix
University of Florida
University of Tennessee
Northwestern
UPMC
Univeristy of Chicago
UMN
Duke
UNC
Boston children's
UAMS- Little Rock
University of Louisville
Harbor UCLA/Children’s Orange County

I have 4 interviews so far. Still waiting to hear back from a lot of programs. how many interviews are a good number for fellowship? Thanks peoples!

I have 4 interviews so far. Still waiting to hear back from a lot of programs. how many interviews are a good number for fellowship? Thanks peoples!

It sounds like 6-8, at least from what I gather of previous posts on this board and from friends who matched into PICU last year.

It sounds like 6-8, at least from what I gather of previous posts on this board and from friends who matched into PICU last year.

I agree with Super_Jay. I've heard around the same number. Still have a few programs I haven't heard from, but thinking I'm just not going to at this point.

Still no UCSF or Seattle.. has anyone heard a yes or no from either of these places!?

Got a rejection from UCSF. In terms of California programs, I've heard from all except Loma Linda. Has anybody heard from them yet?

Got a rejection from UCSF. In terms of California programs, I've heard from all except Loma Linda. Has anybody heard from them yet?
Heard back from Loma Linda on 09/01/17
Anyone hear back from Seattle?

Thanks MrBigLips, I happened to hear back with an II from Loma Linda today. I haven't heard back from Seattle yet tho either.

I heard from Lima Linda as well

Still have not heard from Seattle or UCSF. I emailed the coordinator at Seattle 2 weeks ago and got no response..

I have officially gotten a yes or no from every program I applied to!
Goodluck with the interviews, everyone!