Pictures of the Week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Good thing the patient did not require ketamine in the prone position!

Well, duh. You save the ketamine for the bradycardia and the proning to increase oxygenation during the ensuing CPR.

Reactions: 1 user

Long standing patient. FBSS since 1975. 5 rounds of lung cancer. Last round took her away as a patient in December. MSContin 30- 60 tid than would change to Fentanyl 50-100 for a few months a year. MSIR/Dilaudid/Oxy for breakthrough, rotating every 6 mo. Begged for years to have her old Medtronic unit, offered her $100 and free removal in office. It was placed in 1979, lasted under 6 mo, never really helped. Family dropped it off today, the funeral home took it for me. She made sure in her will. Sweet lady. Nice person.

Here is a pic of it implanted:

Reactions: 4 users
Horrible neck, great RFA outcome. remote major trauma w c1-2 fx, paralysis, emergency surgery, recovered most neuro function aside from minor balance deficits. Severe refractory unilateral neck pain. Now 95% better, off all meds, after RFA.
ImageUploadedBySDN1486218436.486977.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Horrible neck, great RFA outcome. remote major trauma w c1-2 fx, paralysis, emergency surgery, recovered most neuro function aside from minor balance deficits. Severe refractory unilateral neck pain. Now 95% better, off all meds, after RFA.
View attachment 214279

Nice win. Which levels did you end up doing? How far out from RF/how long did it last?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice win. Which levels did you end up doing? How far out from RF/how long did it last?

Initial block right c34, 45, 56. Had 80% overall relief and complete relief of upper/mid neck pain, but some persistent pain lower neck. I had never done 4 levels before but was willing to make this my first case (especially as unilateral- ie not as concerned about head drop). Added c67 on repeat block. Had compete relief of pain. Therefore did RFA at 4 levels. Now 2 months out.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
OK, sucker punch. 5 revisions. Now in chrono order. I offered to sawzall the leg off AKA style.

7-7-11

6-30-14

11-6-15

3-1-17

Look at all that bone loss and now he's lost his ligaments so he's got a constrained prosthesis. Same surgeon? Would love to see what the original X-rays looked like before he got his first surgery...this folks is what happens when joint surgery goes bad.

Look at all that bone loss and now he's lost his ligaments so he's got a constrained prosthesis. Same surgeon? Would love to see what the original X-rays looked like before he got his first surgery...this folks is what happens when joint surgery goes bad.

Joint surgery never goes bad. It must be crps. At least that's what orthos in my area say

Reactions: 1 users
Joint surgery never goes bad. It must be crps. At least that's what orthos in my area say

Lolol same. Get the most ridiculous crps consults. Any advice on how to avoid these? Worth educating ortho or waste of time? Got a crps referral from primary after a car accident, bc lady had some joint swelling and mild redness on her joints, I diagnosed her with RA. Ridiculous.

thigh schwannoma 2.gif
thigh schwannoma.gif

37 yo male, runs half marathons, 4 years of foot numbness, sounded like chronic right S1 radic. MRI spine normal, except "incidental" tarlov cyst at S2. I did a S1 TFESI, no benefit.

"I can push right here" (mid-hamstrings) and reproduce symptoms in the foot on eval after injection. We decided to go "fishing" and did MRI of the thigh w/ and w/o contrast.

2.3 cm lesion, perineural, thought to be schwannoma, sent to neurosurg to evaluate.

Reactions: 4 users
First time in my career seeing the very rare Ferret Kidney. I can't tell but I think this one is giving the radiologist a smirk.

ferret kidney.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
MDVqX1O.jpg

Photobucket changes terms of service and destroys links unless you pay them $399 per year. And they are going to go out of business. Plus, they suck. Lots of popups and videos that autoplay. So now, I am changing to imgur for hosting. Oh, the thing in the picture. It fell off a guys back with an 11 blade. Too close to my injection site.

L3 TFESI. Just on way in to foramen and turned past lamina. Shot this spot film before 6 o'clock under pedicle.
Contrast rapidly dispersed in a tube like structure across the midline. I removed needle and took different angle.
L3 TFESI.jpeg

Here is lateral, but I did advance 2-3mm before getting spot above.

lat.jpeg

Started after zoster in 2011. Will get brain and T-spine completed to rule out MS via Neurology.
Nevro?

Interesting case - Zoster myelitis. Primarily DCML. Yes, MS needs to be ruled out. Also, would check B12 level.

Nevro -- wonder where the cervical 'sweet spot' is?

Let us know how the trial goes.

Interesting case - Zoster myelitis. Primarily DCML. Yes, MS needs to be ruled out. Also, would check B12 level.

Nevro -- wonder where the cervical 'sweet spot' is?

Let us know how the trial goes.
Spoke with Neurology. No MRI change since 2014. Not MS.
If successful will post results and lead location as well as programming notes. Well defined lesion makes gathering data easier.

what are the patient's symptoms? NMO?

She thought I was a Psychiatrist.
I actually walked out of exam room while she was still talking. Nurses said she was still talking when they went in.
Meds included Adderal, Klonopin, Oxy

Attachments

• NKDA.jpg
    NKDA.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 159
She thought I was a Psychiatrist.
I actually walked out of exam room while she was still talking. Nurses said she was still talking when they went in.
Meds included Adderal, Klonopin, Oxy

terrifying. like the notebook in the movie "seven"

102621_v1.jpg