PICC Lines

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abish

xbix
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi.
Why should the PICC line reach the Superior Venecava ? Why worry about the arrhythmias et.al ?
Can't the tip be pushed up to reach just the Subclavian Vein ? (by measuring the length obviously).
I'd want to put the PICC in office without EKG support / Radiology. Possible ?
:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi.
Why should the PICC line reach the Superior Venecava ? Why worry about the arrhythmias et.al ?
Can't the tip be pushed up to reach just the Subclavian Vein ? (by measuring the length obviously).
I'd want to put the PICC in office without EKG support / Radiology. Possible ?
:)
We put them in in our office without rads or EKG at the time of placement. They need radiology review before they can be used though.

Have you not ever seen a central line threaded up the IJ? I have...more than once...this year.

Reactions: 1 user
We put them in in our office without rads or EKG at the time of placement. They need radiology review before they can be used though.

Have you not ever seen a central line threaded up the IJ? I have...more than once...this year.
Something to do with durability ?
I want to put in a peds cvp line through the cephalic vein in an adult.
(Because peds cvp is available for free and the patient can't afford a PICC line)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using SDN mobile