Army Physician pay dropped by almost $30,000

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DD214_DOC

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I received my contracts for the new pay system. My BCP is listed at $6,000, which is accurate. My IP was listed at $20,000, which is not correct. I figured it was just an entry error but was told my HR that this is the amount being reported by MODS. (??) I checked the IP chart and my one year amount should be $43,000. The only thing on the chart that even gets $20,000 is a GMO ... which I am not.

Has anyone else encounter a similar problem? Does anyone know what MODS has to do with any of it? The only follow-up I got was that they would have to contact OTSG to verify.

Members don't see this ad.

Haven't heard of any others having similar issues. My guess is something in some system indicates you are a GMO and not a specialty trained physician. I would bet your SG office will get it straightened out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
What is SG? Is that similar to IG?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

OTSG - office of the surgeon general
SG - surgeon general

At least in my list of acronyms anyway....

There is very likely a "special pays" person within the OTSG who your HR people were actually referring to when they said it had to be routed to that level.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

If you haven't already contact Mr. Buss at OTSG 703-681-1015