Physician assitant help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lowkey32

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im looking into becoming a Physician Assistant. I have some couple questions and concerns. I went on the Touro College website and i checked what is required. Im currently majoring in biology. on the website it says you need 200 hours of health care experience. I have worked at a optometry office coming up on three years now, as a receptionist, technician, and scribe. So i have hands on experience with the patient. I'm wondering if that qualifies as the health care experience? also want to know since i dont need a bachleors degree for the program how thay works. Do i still major in bio and add all the prerequistes that is required? This is totally confusing me and my councelour did not help me at all.

Members don't see this ad.

You will need a bachelors degree on hand when applying to the PA program. If you have taken portion of the pre-reqs during your undergrad then you would not have to retake it unless you're taking the classes to get a better grade or it had expired. Other than that, you would not have to retake it. Scribes and technicians are considered direct patient care.