This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lucane

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm an italian student in the lasr year of high school, my dream is to live in Canada or USA and I enjoy health care jobs , I have to choose in few days but I can't decide between dentistry (5 years) and physical therapy (4 years) degree.. I'm not so rich to open a private practise , so I should first work as associate or public employer ( if I take dentistry) .. which one of these two jobs would let me easier obtain a resident permission in north America( preferably Canada) ? I speak well italian, Spanish and I should improve my English level, but I have time for this.. ps: I don't know which I would enjoy the most, it depends on case and patient.. perhaps I'd feel more free being a physical therapy, but at the same time I'm attracted by the money dentists earn; I like stand on feet and be healthy and fit.. thank you

Members don't see this ad.

It is much much much .............x10000 easier to be licensed as pt than to be licensed dentist. PT is great route to get greencard. Still , do your research before deciding to take this step. U shouldn't choose according to the chances of securing a PR. Choose what you see yourself doing for the rest of your life. What you would enjoy more on day to day basis.