Philips Lumify portable US

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
This is the probe that attaches to your pad/phone and has been available about 2 years now.
They have a probe that they claim is suitable for superficial structures and vascular access.
Anyone try/buy yet?
We're looking for something small and portable and it might be perfect for surgical mission trips.

--
Il Destriero

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I love that concept. (Plus I like Philips as a company.) The L12-4 transducer looks like exactly what you need. How much does it cost? It's not compatible with iOS devices, though.
Philips said:
Apple does not support Lumify at this time, but we are always exploring opportunities to expand support for all platforms.

Also take a look at GE Vscan family (although I like the Philips concept much more). Some bloggers have been using it successfully for deep (abdominal) scans, so I guess the superficial probes should be decent, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
It's a month to month lease for $200 plus $90 for service contract.

Lumify L12-4 broadband linear array transducer
  • 12 to 4 MHz extended operating frequency range
  • Aperture size: 34mm
  • 2D, steerable color Doppler, M-mode, advanced XRES and multivariate harmonic imaging, SonoCT
  • High resolution imaging for shallow applications: Soft Tissue, Vascular, Superficial, Musculoskeletal, and Lung
  • Center line marker
  • MicroB USB transducer with replaceable cable
  • Compare Lumify transducers
philips-ultrasound-product-l12-4-side-top.png

I'm waiting for Philips to develop a TEE probe that can be compatible with a tablet.

I'm waiting for Philips to develop a TEE probe that can be compatible with a tablet.

Do you mean a TTE? No doubt in my mind it already exists. Marketing gurus are just reading their tea leaves.

Do you mean a TTE? No doubt in my mind it already exists. Marketing gurus are just reading their tea leaves.

I actually meant TEE. I was half joking/half serious. Plenty of portable TTE probes exist: GE VScan and Philips Lumify are a few examples. I have just always found the TEE to be easier for me to use and to interpret the data; mainly because most of us have been exposed to intraop TEE more than we have to TTE.