Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I emailed them and said they sent it April 20th. Im withdrawing acceptance.
Ah okay. Congrats though! Were you waitlisted before or straight acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

Could this be the week of the first waitlist movement?! Sending out good vibes to everyone!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think committee is meeting or have already met this week, and most likely send out letters next week so I doubt there's any notice this week.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you get a portal change?

No change yet, but I think we may see portal changes this weekend if letters are being sent out next week. Last year there was some movement on the 10th and more on the 15th.

I think committee is meeting or have already met this week, and most likely send out letters next week so I doubt there's any notice this week.

I agree, I think we will most likely hear some news next week!

How do you know they're meeting/already met?

Hey everyone! I am applying this week for next cycle. Was wondering your thoughts on my stats. I am a graduate student in physiology. I am non-trad with 8000 hours in the legal field, 500 hours in family med, and 4.0 in 2 year grad program. Should I apply here?
Undergrad 3.6
Grad.: 4.0 (all science)
Science: 3.9
Non-Science: 3.7
MCAT: 499-----DEF WEAKEST ELEMENT---don't want to retake. Most DO schools ive talked to dont have an issue with my score. I interviewed at MD schools last year with this score but it depends on the school.

Apply broadly, and include PCOM. My MCAT was about the same as yours, but your GPA is higher. You definitely have a shot, especially with your ECs. Best to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if I haven't taken the 1 credit physics 2 lab yet (but plan to take it by the end of the summer) would that impact my chances of being pulled off the waitlist?
It might but I would ask admissions. I think all prereqs must be completed prior to matriculation.

Could someone let me know how to set up the portal? As far as know I didnt receive any details regarding this. I got waitlisted about a month ago. Thanks!

Could someone let me know how to set up the portal? As far as know I didnt receive any details regarding this. I got waitlisted about a month ago. Thanks!
Did you get off the waitlist? Are you talking about nucleus?

the portal that's being referred to on here is the application summary - where it lists all your required documents.

here's the link to it. you log in w/ ur ID and password they gave you when they sent your supplemental app.

Online Status Check

Hello! I'm looking to apply this cycle to PCOM and am wondering if I can get in without a LOR from an MD or DO? Thank you!

any chance to receive mail this week for a possible rejection OR acceptance off of the wait list?

applying here this upcoming cycle and just have a quick question Im hoping someone can answer. When I sent my MCAT score reports to AACOMAS, I noticed that PCOM was also listed on the website as a possible location to send your scores. Do we have to send our MCAT score report to PCOM, or does attaching it to my AACOMAS application send it, like every other school

applying here this upcoming cycle and just have a quick question Im hoping someone can answer. When I sent my MCAT score reports to AACOMAS, I noticed that PCOM was also listed on the website as a possible location to send your scores. Do we have to send our MCAT score report to PCOM, or does attaching it to my AACOMAS application send it, like every other school

Attaching your scores to your AACOMAS should be good enough when you already have them. Sending them directly to PCOM is for when you get your scores post AACOMAS submission. Hope that helps!

any waitlist movement?? around this time last year, a few people had posted about getting off the waitlist. are spots just not opening up this year or are accepted folks not posting? hoping for the best! ;(

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I don't think they've sent anything out. Too many people on sdn have been waitlisted to not see some responses

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if adcom has met this week?

It was mentioned earlier in the thread that they met the previous week. It seems like everything is speculation though. Idk how to know for sure

All I know is none of the most recent letter receivers had a May date. Therefore I'm assuming that they need to send letters out soon

Accepted May 15, received the letter May 17! :clap:

I'm a linkage candidate, so I started this process way after everyone else here - applied last fall, interviewed 1/31. I think they were waiting for my final post-bacc grades, which I just got last week.

Good luck to everyone still waiting at PCOM and everywhere else! :thumbup:

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted May 15, received the letter May 17! :clap:

I'm a linkage candidate, so I started this process way after everyone else here - applied last fall, interviewed 1/31. I think they were waiting for my final post-bacc grades, which I just got last week.

Good luck to everyone still waiting at PCOM and everywhere else! :thumbup:
Congrats! Were you waitlisted?

Congrats! Were you waitlisted?

Not exactly: 2 weeks after the interview PCOM sent me a letter saying no decision could be made yet - not surprising, since I just took the MCAT 3 days prior to the interview! So technically I might have been a DD.

Not exactly: 2 weeks after the interview PCOM sent me a letter saying no decision could be made yet - not surprising, since I just took the MCAT 3 days prior to the interview! So technically I might have been a DD.
Ah ok. Hopefully this means waitlist movement will start once linkage students hear back!

It's kind of absurd that waitlist has to hear last. Technically we were accepted and they just didn't have enough seats and somehow were last to hear back?

It definitely is annoying waiting this long but if students are in the conditional acceptance program, PCOM has to give them preference. Can't imagine there wouldn't be enough seats for waitlist movement though considering most people from January on were delayed/waitlisted.

Keep the faith!

Does anyone know if/when we have to take the drug test mentioned on the PreCheck page? The FAQs say to send the receipt for the background check to the administrator who gave you the instructions. However when I did that admissions said if there is a drug test to be taken you have to check with student health or student affairs. It sounds like they don't really know anything about it.

Does anyone know if/when we have to take the drug test mentioned on the PreCheck page? The FAQs say to send the receipt for the background check to the administrator who gave you the instructions. However when I did that admissions said if there is a drug test to be taken you have to check with student health or student affairs. It sounds like they don't really know anything about it.

As far as I know, only the background check is required and no drug test. No need to send the receipt to PCOM. They'll get it too. You should get an email from Admissions, however, telling you that they've received it.