Philadelphia COM - Georgia (GA-PCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Tomorrow is 4/15...LOL :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone who paid the 1500 dollar deposit receive a confirmation email of any sort?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just withdrew my seat from PCOM. Good luck to you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 users
To everyone withdrawing..... We, the people on the waitlist thank you!

Reactions: 5 users
How often is the adcom going to meet at this point? I think obviously there have been seats many seats dropped as of Saturday. Should I be checking my online portal status every 15 minutes or every other day?

How often is the adcom going to meet at this point? I think obviously there have been seats many seats dropped as of Saturday. Should I be checking my online portal status every 15 minutes or every other day?

I doubt that it would be more than once every 2 weeks. I would bet that the waiting list is already completed at ranked.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the wait list here was unranked. It seems to me that a lot of schools say their wait list is unranked, but I'm not positive what that means. I interviewed at another school that told us their wait list was ranked by MCAT and GPA, but then later said it was unranked. :shrug:

Members don't see this ad :)
It looks like the earliest anyone heard back about wait list movement last year was about 10 days after the deadline

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah this silence is also killing me.

Who confirmed that 4/15 was the deadline date for GA-PCOM?
From PCOMs website:
"All accepted candidates are also required to remit a $1,500 non-refundable deposit by April 15."

And from threads from previous years

Reactions: 3 users
Waitlist movement may have started. I just looked and had the $1750 DO deposit come up in the "REQUIREMENTS" section of my portal...does that mean I'm in?!?!

Interviewed 3/10 and was waitlisted on 3/22

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
Waitlist movement may have started. I just looked and had the $1750 DO deposit come up in the "REQUIREMENTS" section of my portal...does that mean I'm in?!?!

Interviewed 3/16 and was waitlisted on 3/20-something
I believe so.

Looks like it. Congratulations!!

Yeah looks like it! Congrats!!!!

Same, interviewed 3/10, waitlisted 3/22, deposit showed up on my portal today. Will probably be declining, but I need to think about it a bit.

Hey guys! My portal still looks the same however there is a "1750 DO Deposit Paid" section in my requirements now. Does that mean I have been accepted off the waitlist? If so what is the next step, because there is no link on my portal to pay the deposit? Thanks for the help.

Hey guys! My portal still looks the same however there is a "1750 DO Deposit Paid" section in my requirements now. Does that mean I have been accepted off the waitlist? If so what is the next step, because there is no link on my portal to pay the deposit? Thanks for the help.
Congrats! You should get an letter in a couple days! Perhaps email because of the short time frame.

Honestly if you don't have any other acceptances I would just pay it now! Congrats again friend! :)

That's the plan @getfat! As soon as I get the option to pay the deposit I will. Did u mail them or did they send u a link to pay the deposit? Thanks friend I'm pumped!!!!

That's the plan @getfat! As soon as I get the option to pay the deposit I will. Did u mail them or did they send u a link to pay the deposit? Thanks friend I'm pumped!!!!

One of the bullet points at the top should provide a link to PayPal! I remember my link was directly on the bullet point that stated $X due on Y Date.

One of the bullet points at the top should provide a link to PayPal! I remember my link was directly on the bullet point that stated $X due on Y Date.
I'll have to wait and see then because there is no bull point like that in my portal, just 1750 deposit section in requirements. I hope it's not a glitch and I am actually accepted.

No portal change for me as well. Does anyone know how often the committee meets? Trying my best to be patient here.

I'm slowly beginning to accept the fact that I'm going to need to retake the mcat and apply again this cycle.

Last edited:
Do y'all think it's a good idea to call admissions tommorow and check what that DO deposit tab is or should I just wait?

For the people that were on the wait list and their portal changed on Friday. Did you guys get a letter in the mail or an email as well?

For the people that were on the wait list and their portal changed on Friday. Did you guys get a letter in the mail or an email as well?
I haven't gotten a letter or email but I just paid my deposit fee.

For those who recently came off the WL, what was your deadline for deposit?

Will they be sending updates only at the end of these deadlines? I'm assuming if someone is offered a spot and neglected to pull themselves off the waitlist and they notify PCOM at that point then they could potentially extend the offer to the next person on the waitlist before said deadline. I'm just trying to figure out whether or not I should stop neurotically checking my portal.

Hey guys what is the technical standard form? I never received one but I just got an email to submit one.

Will they be sending updates only at the end of these deadlines? I'm assuming if someone is offered a spot and neglected to pull themselves off the waitlist and they notify PCOM at that point then they could potentially extend the offer to the next person on the waitlist before said deadline. I'm just trying to figure out whether or not I should stop neurotically checking my portal.
I dont think that anyone here knows the answer to that. I think its probably OK to check it once a day...

Class of 2021,

First of congrats to those who were accepted and good luck to those on the waiting list. I have some books that I am looking to sell. These books were helpful to get through the basic sciences grind.

I have Netters Human atlas 5th edition, Rohen Color atlas 7th edition, BRS gross anatomy 7th edition, BRS micro/immuno 5th edition and BRS physio 6th edition.

Also if anyone is looking for an apartment complex near PCOM I would look into Highlands at Sugarloaf. I have been living here for 2 years and have had no problems. Also we could split the $500.00 referral fee!!

If anyone is interested please PM me.

Last edited:
Has anyone that was recently pulled off the waitlist recieved background check or nuclear login information yet?

Has anyone that was recently pulled off the waitlist recieved background check or nuclear login information yet?

I don't think anyone has received further info on the background check.

Someone in the forum mentioned earlier that we would eventually be offered more than enough aid to cover living expenses so my question is when are those extra funds going to be made available and in what form (i.e. grad plus loan etc). Has anyone else's award summary changed to reflect a more reasonable amount for living expenses?