Philadelphia COM - Georgia (GA-PCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed the same day. Must mean its coming soon....

What state are you in?
South Carolina so luckily I'm close. It says that it was mailed on the 27th so hopefully you will hear something soon!

Yeah I feel like it did! How about yours?
Awesome :) yea I think mine went really well too. Hopefully we will see waitlist movement in April or May! I'm just trying to stay positive but still improve my application for next cycle if it comes to that. :)

Awesome :) yea I think mine went really well too. Hopefully we will see waitlist movement in April or May! I'm just trying to stay positive but still improve my application for next cycle if it comes to that. :)
Fingers crossed for the both of us! But yes positivity is definitely the way to go :)

Reactions: 1 user
To everyone who just got waitlisted, welcome to the club! Hopefully we can all get off this thing so we don't have to go through another cycle!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any idea if there is generally movement on this WL?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone have any idea if there is generally movement on this WL?

I was looking at the statistics listed on their website for 2015, and it looks like 98 more students were accepted than matriculated, which is a pretty solid indicator that there's a fair amount of wait list movement. At least, that's what I'm hoping for. I'd love to go to school here!

I was looking at the statistics listed on their website for 2015, and it looks like 98 more students were accepted than matriculated, which is a pretty solid indicator that there's a fair amount of wait list movement. At least, that's what I'm hoping for. I'd love to go to school here!
Thats a good sign. I hope there aren't a ton of people on the WL!

Hello, I sent my Letter accepting my position on the waitlist last week, but my portal still hasn't changed. Would you mind telling me what your portal changed too, and who you emailed?
EDIT: Found it by search LOL

Cool. Just found out I got a $6,000 scholarship.

Reactions: 2 users
Wow that's awesome! Congrats! Is that directly from PCOM?

Did you guys receive an email about it or from the award information on the financial aid checklist on nucleus?

Congratulations to everyone accepted!

I am a second year here and soon getting ready to head out for rotations. I know it's still early but hopefully some of you have already started looking for housing around the area. Right now, The Residences on McGinnis ferry is giving away something like $300 bucks for referring a friend. This means that you get $300 and I get $300. Also, for being a PCOM student, I believe they will also waive the security deposit!

The Residences is about 10 minutes from campus. There's a Publix within walking distance, the Suwanee Town Center and Greenway (trails/disk golf) around 2 miles away. You can catch I-85 in about 5 minutes. The actual apartment complex has access to 2 pools and a club house with a gym. Overall, my experience has been great. It's quiet (at least where I am at) and the neighbors are very nice. It's also very pet friendly, with a small dog park located close to the entrance.

If you are at all interested in living in this wonderful apartment complex, don't hesitate to contact me! Send me a private message and I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have (even about the program!).

Again, congrats to all of those accepted. To everyone still on the waitlist or waiting to hear back from interviews or whatever, hang in there!

Just got feedback from student wellness and I have several things that need to be redone. I love that they want quantitative values for everything and my clinic doesn't feel there is a need for it :yeahright:

Does the online portal update when they recieve the waitlist confirmation letter?

Does the online portal update when they recieve the waitlist confirmation letter?

Yes. It is posted under the "additional information received" area and is titled "Waitlist Response Form" under document.

I sent mine on Monday 3/27 and PCOM posted online that they received it on 3/29, but the application page did not show the update until 3/30.

EDIT: deleted snapshot of the portal in case PCOM didnt like that.. no personal info was on it.

Anyone been accepted from the WL this cycle?
Silence over here. I suspect that after April 15 we should start to see some movement.

Sorry if I am lost, but what happens after the 15th?

It's the day where people with multiple acceptances can only hold one deposit at one school. Basically, it's the day where wait list movement begins.

It's the day where people with multiple acceptances can only hold one deposit at one school. Basically, it's the day where wait list movement begins.
I believe for all schools it's in May. For PCOM-Ga, they do it a month earlier for some reason.

How long did it take for you guys to receive your nucleus login after acceptance? Also if anyone knows, is it only sent after you make the 1500 dollar deposit?

Just paid my $1500 deposit so it looks like i'm definitely coming to GA-PCOM :clap:

Reactions: 9 users
Does anyone know what time classes starts in the a.m at GA-PCOM? I can't seem to find the info and I am just trying to figure out my schedules for my kids and I. Their elementary school here in GA starts late in the AM compared to FL. Might need before care or something next year..

Withdrawing my acceptance. Good luck to everyone still waiting. Hopefully one of you gets my spot.

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know if this school accepts additional letters of rec?

Does anyone know what time classes starts in the a.m at GA-PCOM? I can't seem to find the info and I am just trying to figure out my schedules for my kids and I. Their elementary school here in GA starts late in the AM compared to FL. Might need before care or something next year..

Generally at 8am. Sometimes 9.

Withdrawing my acceptance. Good luck to everyone still waiting. Hopefully one of you gets my spot.

Good luck to you! I have seen you on several threads. Curious where you ended up?

Good luck to you! I have seen you on several threads. Curious where you ended up?

Thank you! If nothing else changes it'll be UNECOM! Still have a few MD programs to hear from though.

Anyone from 3/17 not hear back? My interview didn't go that well but I still want a concrete rejection letter haha

Is housing provided for rotations or do we have to constantly get new lease contracts for apartments?
What are research opportunities like and are they easily available for interested students to partake in?
Since rotations are away from the institution, is shadowing doctors here and there not possible during your first or second years?
Housing is not provided by PCOM unless for some reason you have to drive over 2 hours to your rotation site from the area you're assigned to, but you'd have to check me on that. I'm a first year so not too familiar about it but that's what I heard. You're assigned to that area for a year so you could just sign a one year lease I think.

Research is available for interested students. I have multiple classmates who are doing research.

Shadowing is always a possibility if you find the time to do it. We don't have any direct shadowing opportunities through PCOM except for shadowing a trauma surgeon if you're in the surgery club but you would have to set the rest up yourself.

Hope this was helpful.

Withdrawing my acceptance as well. Good luck to those anxiously waiting!!!

Reactions: 4 users