PharmCAS questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxboy1996

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have not taken the PCAT but just wondering a few things. Once you take the PCAT, can you chose which schools you want to send your score to or does it just get uploaded on your PharmCAS profile and all schools can see it?

My goal is to avoid the PCAT at all costs and only apply to schools that do not require it because standardized testing like that is not my thing.

I'm hoping to apply to 4 schools in July that do not require PCAT (no early decision for any) and then maybe take the PCAT later in the year (like Nov. test date) after I hear back from my earlier schools and apply for some more competitive schools?

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

It is uploaded to your Pharmcas application. Also, it can depend on your school, if they want to see it or not otherwise. What schools are you applying to?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Only when you register for pcat, you will be asked what schools to choose. It has options to choose 3 schools for free. In my experience all schools asked 1 code only (directly to pharmcas). So when after I took pcat, I added more school which I initially didn't plan. That school still got my pcat score.
Once you submit the pharmcas, nothing can be edited or added, except schools. I remember i submitted pharmcas, and only after I started adding schools one by one as I was doing the research.
If you want to add later, you contact Pearson and pharmacas in case you want to add. But