PharmCAS LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toshpharmd

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had my profs. submit the LORs directly to PharmCAS early on this year because I was planning on applying but decided to wait until the next cycle so I didn't apply to any pharmacy schools. Will my letters carry over to the new application I begin for next year?

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately, no. You have to resubmit them

If i quickly submit to a pharmacy school accepting applications, will I be able to carry them over to next cycle? Also, will doing this hinder my chances next cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
So you will need to re-submit your letters again regardless of whether or not you submit them to a school this year. It's one of the more frustrating things about pharmCAS but as far as I know, ALL graduate school programs/application systems require you to re-submit LORs again. Also, it will not hinder your chances if you send a application this year. It would just be a waste of time and money if you don't want to attend this school.

So you will need to re-submit your letters again regardless of whether or not you submit them to a school this year. It's one of the more frustrating things about pharmCAS but as far as I know, ALL graduate school programs/application systems require you to re-submit LORs again. Also, it will not hinder your chances if you send a application this year. It would just be a waste of time and money if you don't want to attend this school.

Thanks for the clarification. And can someone confirm that PharmCAS only accepts the letters directly so I won't be able to use Interfolio to request them from professors right now and hold on to them. This is going to be really annoying because now I'm going to have to wait until July when PharmCAS opens and professors might not be readily available to submit the letters.

Thanks for the clarification. And can someone confirm that PharmCAS only accepts the letters directly so I won't be able to use Interfolio to request them from professors right now and hold on to them. This is going to be really annoying because now I'm going to have to wait until July when PharmCAS opens and professors might not be readily available to submit the letters.

Only directly.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I have a similar question but am still confused. I started my PharmCAS application early, (like March 2017) and have just received my first LOR in PharmCAS. Technically the new application doesn't begin until June or July? So will the LOR that has been sent in be erased?

I have a similar question but am still confused. I started my PharmCAS application early, (like March 2017) and have just received my first LOR in PharmCAS. Technically the new application doesn't begin until June or July? So will the LOR that has been sent in be erased?
sadly, yes.

Reactions: 1 user