This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tmfc

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just looking for jobs on Indeed, and noticed that a few pharmacy resident jobs were posted since March 3rd. Are these positions only for students who were interviewed and ranked the site or are they opening up to other students now? I'm just curious since they were posted so recently.

Members don't see this ad.

Are they accredited sites? Some unaccredited sites that don't participate in the match may be looking for potentially residents at this time.

Are they accredited sites? Some unaccredited sites that don't participate in the match may be looking for potentially residents at this time.
I have seen a few unaccredited sites, but some of these new ones are accredited. That's what threw me off.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some hospitals will create job postings for resident positions and ask the matched residents to fill out the posting after the match. This helps get all the required docs to HR using the site's system that's already in place. If I were to guess, I'd imagine that the job boards either mine various hospital job sites or HR submits all their open jobs to the job boards. As a result, these positions will show up, but they're not truly open.

Reactions: 3 users
Some hospitals will create job postings for resident positions and ask the matched residents to fill out the posting after the match. This helps get all the required docs to HR using the site's system that's already in place. If I were to guess, I'd imagine that the job boards either mine various hospital job sites or HR submits all their open jobs to the job boards. As a result, these positions will show up, but they're not truly open.

Likely this. One site I interviewed at actually has their candidates go to the HR website and fill out the application, even though match results aren't released until next week.

Reactions: 2 users
Likely this. One site I interviewed at actually has their candidates go to the HR website and fill out the application, even though match results aren't released until next week.
that is a little odd - we have them fill out an HR application after they matched - required to by policy, would be awkward if they matched, but failed the background check

Maybe if you see residency job listings on these websites, they might have been unsuccessful in securing residents through the match or otherwise?

Agree with the postings regarding HR procedure.

However, sometimes new programs do pop up. Best way to find out is from preceptors in professional organization listservs (such as ACCP).