Pharmacist License Reciprocity.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yourpharmacist

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If someone passed NAPLEX in 2009 in Illinois, can a person transfer or reciprocate pharmacist license in California.

I read from the forum that only way is to score transfer or take naplex again. Is that true.??

Members don't see this ad.

If someone passed NAPLEX in 2009 in Illinois, can a person transfer or reciprocate pharmacist license in California.

I read from the forum that only way is to score transfer or take naplex again. Is that true.??

You can only do score transfer or retake the NAPLEX if you've been out of school less than a year. If you've been out of school more than a year and you want to get licensed in another state, you have to reciprocate off your Illinois license. The process varies a little bit from state to state - for example, some require fingerprinting but some don't - so your best bet is to look at the state board of pharmacy's website.

Is there anyone else who can answer my question does California allows license reciprocate if passed Naplex for other states in 2010????

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone else who can answer my question does California allows license reciprocate if passed Naplex for other states in 2010????

Maybe I didn't make myself clear. Yes, they do allow you to reciprocate. No, you do not need to retake the NAPLEX. Score transfer is the process used by new graduates who are trying to get licensed in more than one state immediately after graduation. Since you took the NAPLEX several years ago, you are not a new graduate. Pharmacists who have been licensed > 1 year in one state get licensed in other states by reciprocity, so that is the process you'll use.

As I said earlier, the process of becoming licensed by reciprocity varies somewhat from state to state, so to find what to do, you must to go to the California Board of Pharmacy's website. The post above this one has a link.

Reactions: 1 user
Dear Members

Has anyone transferred RPH license from CA to NJ? I recently moved to NJ and submitted transfer application to NJ board. It has been more than a month but have not heard from NJ board yet:( I also visited NJ board of pharmacy couple times but they do not provide clear instructions fro license transfer from another state. I dont know what to do now.
if anyone has done license transfer to NJ from another state pls help.

Hello,
Please go to the board of CA to verify. I just sat for the N

No, you do not need to retake NAPLEX if you pass NAPLEX after 2004 follow this link to CA board of pharmacy Q&A #6.http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/forms/exam_info_update.pdf

Reactions: 1 user