This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skegee12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any pharmacist jobs in GA? Ive been trying smaller cities outside of Atlanta like Dallas, Acworth, Kennesaw, Powder Springs, Lithia Springs, Douglasville etc with no luck with any chain pharmacies. I worked for WAGS as an intern before and really loved it but had to relocated to GA (sigh) if anyone has any info to pass along please share/pm me. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm "just" a P1 (soon to be a student in something else entirely), but I have talked with the DMs at several retail chains who have told me that all the medium-sized cities are essentially saturated now. According to them, the few remaining jobs in GA are primarily concentrated in southeast/southwest GA (think Waycross, Moultrie, Tifton, Vidalia, etc.) -- in other words, BFE. Before anyone decides to have an issue with what I'm saying, keep in mind that I am just passing on the information I received from several DMs.

Reactions: 1 user
Are there any pharmacist jobs in GA? Ive been trying smaller cities outside of Atlanta like Dallas, Acworth, Kennesaw, Powder Springs, Lithia Springs, Douglasville etc with no luck with any chain pharmacies. I worked for WAGS as an intern before and really loved it but had to relocated to GA (sigh) if anyone has any info to pass along please share/pm me. Thanks!

You picked a bad time to move. All the grad interns/new grads are being offered positions now. Also, I'm assuming you're also a new grad w/ no experience and also no connections. It'll probably be at least 4-5 months before you're even considered for anything but prn positions anywhere within an 45 minutes of the perimeter.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you haven't already, you might want to apply to different pharmacy staffing agencies so you can at least get some prn/temp work and keep your skills sharp / minimize job gaps in your resume. Most staffing agencies will reimburse you for mileage driven and even set you up with lodging depending on how far out the job is from your residence.

Look in and around macon/Columbus. Walmart has some positions in smaller towns near Macon (within an hour). Definitely not a desirable area but you can put your time in and try to transfer. Is this your first job as a pharmacist/are you a new grad? If so all those "smaller cities" outside you listed are where people actually want to live. Anywhere within an hour of Atlanta is going to be impossible if you aren't already with the company and have a relationship with those DM's at this point in time.

Look in and around macon/Columbus. Walmart has some positions in smaller towns near Macon (within an hour). Definitely not a desirable area but you can put your time in and try to transfer. Is this your first job as a pharmacist/are you a new grad? If so all those "smaller cities" outside you listed are where people actually want to live. Anywhere within an hour of Atlanta is going to be impossible if you aren't already with the company and have a relationship with those DM's at this point in time.
agreed. The cities you've named are essentially Atlanta suburbs. More precisely, you've named the northern, "better" parts of Atlanta which is even harder to get into even if you have been with a company as an intern.

Anyone know of any pharmacies near Athens, GA who are looking for pharmacy interns?

Anyone know of any pharmacies near Athens, GA who are looking for pharmacy interns?
any intern job in a college town is a hard one
pick up the phone and start calling is your best bet

yeah, I plan to do that. I only asked to see if anyone knew of one in particular. I am not new to the field of pharmacy. thanks